Tony Fadell sold his company—Nest Inc.—to Google for US$3.2 billion, but in an in-depth profile in Fortune magazine, the father of the iPod revealed that he wished he could have shown the Nest Thermostat to his former boss, Steve Jobs. "I would have loved to have been able to show it to him, but the timing didn’t work," he told the magazine. Mr. Fadell, shown in the image, said that Steve Jobs kept in touch with him when Nest was still in stealth mode, but by the time he was ready to show the device, Mr. Jobs had grown too ill. The piece offers an excellent look at Mr. Fadell, his career, how Nest was founded, his combative tenure at Apple, and why Google bought the firm. Fortune also reminded us that Mr. Fadell is one of the few Apple executives to see success after they left Apple.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Use Siri on Apple Watch to Create Immediate Countdown Timer
- How to Pre-authorize Your iPhone to Use Apple Pay
- Buy iPhone 6 from T-Mobile Now, Swap for iPhone 6s for Free, Apple Music Exempt from Data Limits
- No One Really Needs an Apple Watch Today
- Apple is a Large Company - it Has Large Ambitions