The Unmonday Model 4.3 ceramic multichannel speaker is one of the most unusual things to cross my desk in a long time. It's a wireless speaker in ceramic case that can become a mono, left, right, left-rear, right-rear, or center speaker just by positioning it a certain way. That ceramic case is hexogonal, and the speaker knows which side is down, which is how it knows which mode to operate in. You can use one in mono mode, or if you need surround sound, just get five of them. At €699 per (US$946.41), that represents a commitment to portable high-quality ceramic-speaker sound, but I know you're out there. It supports AirPlay, and the speaker works for up to 8 hours on a charge.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi