Thanks to portable technology, pets can now scan neighborhood wifi networks. Wired reports on an upcoming DefCon talk from Gene Bransfield titled "How To Weaponize Your Pets", which is less a security talk and more a presentation of a clever way to find unsecured networks in the immediate area. Using a Spark Core board and the skills of the cat's human to sew a collar for it, he discovered more than a third of the hotspots in the area were less than secure. He says he did this for fun, but hopefully discovering a cat could detect open wifi networks might prompt some people to adjust their networks accordingly.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Sued for Wiping iPhone Data at Genius Bar
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- Apple is Doing Something That Could Accidentally Torpedo the iPad Pro
- Apple Commercial: Someday At Christmas - Stevie Wonder + Andra Day (Video)
- Hewlett-Packard’s Z27s is a 27-inch 4K Display for Your Mac Without the 4K Price