Check out this cool Kickstarter project by Zuli. The company's self-titled "Zuli Smartplug" allows you to use location awareness to control your lights and appliances. Zuli is leveraging Apple's iBeacon to make it work, but when you use three or more Zulis in your home, the company is taking it one step further by determining your precise location and turning your electric devices and lights on and off accordingly. Zulis talk to one another, can automatically turn your lights off when you aren't there, light your way, and they also give you manual control over your devices from your iPhone. You can also set up a schedule for your devices. It's a little like NFC tags—the one thing I liked about NFC—but with slightly different (and better) functionality. There are only four days left in the Kickstarter campaign, and the company is sitting at US$112,681 out of $150,000. Get on board and help them bring Zuli Smartplugs to market. There are a variety of funding levels, including 3 and 10-pack bundles.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- Apple is Doing Something That Could Accidentally Torpedo the iPad Pro
- Apple Commercial: Someday At Christmas - Stevie Wonder + Andra Day (Video)
- Hewlett-Packard’s Z27s is a 27-inch 4K Display for Your Mac Without the 4K Price
- The ‘New’ Mac Pro Is a Failure