Check out this cool Kickstarter project by Zuli. The company's self-titled "Zuli Smartplug" allows you to use location awareness to control your lights and appliances. Zuli is leveraging Apple's iBeacon to make it work, but when you use three or more Zulis in your home, the company is taking it one step further by determining your precise location and turning your electric devices and lights on and off accordingly. Zulis talk to one another, can automatically turn your lights off when you aren't there, light your way, and they also give you manual control over your devices from your iPhone. You can also set up a schedule for your devices. It's a little like NFC tags—the one thing I liked about NFC—but with slightly different (and better) functionality. There are only four days left in the Kickstarter campaign, and the company is sitting at US$112,681 out of $150,000. Get on board and help them bring Zuli Smartplugs to market. There are a variety of funding levels, including 3 and 10-pack bundles.
Recent News See All »
- Tim Cook: The NSA Won’t Be Asking for Backdoors (Anymore)
- Apple Watch Coming to Target October 18
- Apple Reportedly ‘Seals Deal’ on on 777,000 Square Foot Landmark Campus
- Amazon Jumps the Shark and Kicks Apple TV and Google Chromecast off Store
- James Bell, Former Boeing CFO, Joins Apple Board of Directors