The "What are you consuming right now?" thread…

• Posted: 20 August 2003 12:06 AM #46

I’d like some of LaurieF’s chicken!  smile

But I’m settling for yet another bowl of hot air popped pop corn with the usual additions (butter, salt and cheese).

Posted: 20 August 2003 01:11 AM #47

The chicken was pretty good, but with some variations…

I changed to chicken casserole with Parma ham and plums. But I didn’t have any plums so I used apricots, and I didn’t have any plum sauce so I used black bean sauce, and I didn’t have any Parma ham so I used bacon, and I didn’t have riesling so we drank gew?rztraminer.

Very tasty.

Signature

Laurie Fleming - the singing geek

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 20 August 2003 12:51 PM #48

I’m currently snacking on a chocolate Frosty from Wendy’s. School got out an hour earlier than usual yesterday, today, and will tomorrow as well, do to extreme heat and humidity. I had to go to the nurses office after PE, since I nearly passed out. The hottest day of they year, they had up do as many sit-ups and jumping-jacks as possible. So, I missed lunch and had some crackers and ice water in the nurses lounge. Doing much better now that I’m in a nice air conditioned house.

• Posted: 20 August 2003 01:05 PM #49

Heh, Clayton’s home from school, and I’ve not eaten anything yet today.  Goes to show how screwed up my internal clock is..

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

• Posted: 20 August 2003 01:12 PM #50

[quote author=“Alphax”]Heh, Clayton’s home from school, and I’ve not eaten anything yet today.  Goes to show how screwed up my internal clock is..

Actually, without my schedule, I’m on nearly the say internal clock as you are. But I am forced to live like this.  raspberry

Posted: 21 August 2003 01:56 AM #51

I’ve just had cooked for me: roast pork, with apple sauce, roasted vegetables, minted peas and gravy (along with a bottle of Italian Primitivo).

Next up is individual steamed pudding…now shall I open a bottle of dessert wine? I think I shall.

Signature

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 21 August 2003 08:37 AM #52

A nice hot mug of chai tea (loose leaf tastes so much better than bagged)

Signature

I’m out of time, patience and my mind… but I have plenty of excuses.

• Posted: 21 August 2003 11:45 AM #53

A bowl full of Vons brand Raisin Bran with 1% milk. A late breakfast.

• Posted: 21 August 2003 06:20 PM #54

A Baked Apple Quaker Oatmeal Cereal Square.

• Posted: 21 August 2003 08:39 PM #55

Putting a Banquet spaghetti & meatballs dinner in the microwave.  I’m pretty good at cooking pastas, but not at making just enough for one.

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

Posted: 24 August 2003 05:57 PM #56

Tonight dinner was tacos (just beef with taco seasoning) topped with grated chedder and hot salsa.

Signature

According to statistics, half the world is below average intelligence
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."-George Bernard Shaw
    "You can’t change that by gettin’ all…bendy."

Posted: 26 August 2003 03:48 AM #57

Here’s an almost Switch story. Last Sunday I went around to an elderly friend’s house to get her set up for The Internet. It was no big deal, despite the fact that it was Win95 on an 8-year-old computer with 32M ram, a slow CD drive and - well - it wasn’t that flash.

The internal modem was 19.2, but it ran at 14.4, but nevertheless I got her up and running and she’s surfing away happily (I hope) with Opera. Everything else was too big and slow.

I’ve told them that they need to get a new computer. All they use it for, currently, is writing and printing documents, so a Mac would have done them well. I could probably rustle up an eMac for around $NZ1,500 for them, and they liked the idea, but Rosemary’s just shelled out $NZ1,800 for Sibelius (MSoft), and it’s too late to get her money back. But I tried.

In payment (I was happy with the cup of tea and the raisin bread), I was given a bottle of whisky. Rosemary knows that I have a penchant for single-malt whisky. So I came away with a bottle of McDowells.

I looked carefully at the bottle when I got it home, because although I’m a whisky-bluff (I’m a wine-bluff as well), I’d never heard of it. It’s made, not in the highlands or Outer Hebrides or anywhere Scottishly exotic, but Goa in India. And it’s not bad.

And I’ve found something that goes very well with it: strawberry and black pepper chocolate, from Greytown, a village around 90 kilometres from her.  

The website’s crap, the chocolates are fantastic.

Signature

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 04 September 2003 06:58 PM #58

A Mojo Mango Fuze Energize drink. It tastes great, gives you energy, and doesn’t stun your growth!

Posted: 06 September 2003 03:15 PM #59

A bowl of muesli. and a mug of freshly ground, freshly brewed plunger coffee.

I get my drugs from Colombia… :bugeyed:

Signature

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 06 September 2003 04:58 PM #60

Relaxing with corn on the cob (with butter & ground black pepper) washed down with a chilled Chardonnay, after a long shift recording stuff for radio.

Yum….. smile