Show Us Your TMO Shirt!

• Posted: 04 February 2004 06:09 PM #31

[quote author=“hoytt”]And the question only FlatEric and nougatmachine can answer is whether Jason Varner always wears that straw hat and sunglasses.

Fear The Hat®.

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

• Posted: 04 February 2004 06:37 PM #32

Actually, that’s a different hat. I was going to bring the normal one with me to Pensacola, but I forgot. raspberry

Notice the different shape and color.

Same sunglasses, different hat.

And of course I can answer the question about whether or not I always wear those. And the answer is: no, I don’t. I don’t wear them in the shower, nor do I wear them when I’m sleeping.

Happy now? rolleyes

Jason

Signature

Honorary Handsome Brute of TMO
    Bearded UNIX Guru-in-Training

Call me jvarner; it’s shorter and doesn’t require capitalization.

Posted: 05 February 2004 07:18 PM #33

Awesome pic!  You guys rock, and Nougat is far cuter than I had expected.  wink

Love the hair.  grin

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 03 June 2004 06:02 AM #34

The TMO view from down under ....

http://homepage.mac.com/coaten4vi/PhotoAlbum43.html

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi

• Posted: 03 June 2004 06:13 AM #35

[quote author=“coaten”]The TMO view from down under ....

http://homepage.mac.com/coaten4vi/PhotoAlbum43.html

I do believe that qualifies as ‘leetness’. raspberry

Jason

Signature

Honorary Handsome Brute of TMO
    Bearded UNIX Guru-in-Training

Call me jvarner; it’s shorter and doesn’t require capitalization.

Posted: 04 June 2004 03:46 PM #36

That is indeed a great picture!

Signature

- Gavin (DrShakagee)

Posted: 07 June 2004 09:21 AM #37

That is awesome!

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 07 June 2004 06:44 PM #38

coaten blushes :o

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi

• Posted: 17 June 2004 08:41 AM #39

How do I delete my post?

Ok, I checked the FAQ and it says you can delete your own message but it doesn’t tell you how!  I want to delete my first message about “Fetching” and spent about an hour last night trying to discover how.  Help please!

Thanks, Tomartz

Signature

Tomartz

Posted: 17 June 2004 09:40 AM #40

Re: How do I delete my post?

[quote author=“tomartz”]Ok, I checked the FAQ and it says you can delete your own message but it doesn’t tell you how!  I want to delete my first message about “Fetching” and spent about an hour last night trying to discover how.  Help please!

Thanks, Tomartz

Once others have posted below you, you are not allowed to delete a post.  You may edit a post and simply delete all of its content if you wish.

Posted: 21 March 2005 10:45 PM #41

It’s been a while anyone went near this thread. So it’s my turn again: .

And now for the story. Our friends Alan and Robin are getting married in Perth on the 23rd of March. So eight of us (including A & R) booked a trip, in our own private carriage on the Indian-Pacific train to get from Sydney to Perth. But first we had to get out of Wellington.

Wellington is known as the Windy City. Yup, it really is. Chicago doesn’t really cut it. So you’d think that the airport would never be closed because of fog. But on the 18th it was - and we were due to fly out the next day. By 2pm things were still looking pretty grim, and by 2:30 our flight at 6:40am on the 19th was officially cancelled. Oh, bugger.

Ross and I offered our cars and we transported seven people (the eighth was already there) to Auckland: 655 mostly winding kilometres, leaving at 6pm. It took eight hours (including stops) and we made it to Auckland with hours to spare. I was shattered, because I’d only had four hours’ sleep in the last 48 - mind over mattress, I think.

Sitting in the comfee seats in the Koru Lounge of Air New Zealand made things a little more palatable, and we then arrived in Sydney four-five hours later. Another transfer via taxi to the Central Railway Station, to find that our train was delayed. But it eventually turned up, and my project/event management duties came to an end.

So why the photo? I’m putting my hand up for the remotest TMO t-shirt photo. Cook is in the middle of the Nullarbor Plains - and is often known as “Cook Population Two”. It’s pretty much a ghost town now, with accomodation for train crews going off shift. It’s also, as you may be able to make out, the beginning of the longest straight stretch of rail in the world: 478 kilometres.

Go there, it’s great. But you might not like the flies.

Signature

Laurie Fleming - the singing geek

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 30 March 2005 06:47 PM #42

[quote author=“LaurieF”]
    Go there, it’s great. But you might not like the flies.

Hey, you leave our bloody flies alone.  wink

<LaurieF may remember this as a quote from the Bodyline TV series in which a famous heckler hassled Douglas Jardine, the infamous English cricket captain, who had ordered his bowlers to take aim directly at the Australian batsmen, in order to intimidate them. When Jardine was spotted in the outfield swatting flies, the cry came: “Hey, leave our bloody flies alone!”.

/esoterica

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi