Second kilopost

Posted: 10 December 2003 01:34 AM

Yeah, not as exciting as it used to be. In the name of tradition:

phhhht! to all you slow pokes.

nyeah nyeah!

raspberry

I am feeling a little non-communicative tonight. Sue me.

Now for the interactive portion of this post:

Name the one TV show that you really liked that was taken off the air before it’s time.

Mine: American Gothic.

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

• Posted: 10 December 2003 01:43 AM #1

Re: Second kilopost

[quote author=“Spider”]Now for the interactive portion of this post:

Name the one TV show that you really liked that was taken off the air before it’s time.

The Lone Gunmen

For those who never saw it, The Lone Gunmen was an X-Files spinoff featuring Byers, Frohike, Langly, and a couple new characters.  Yeah, I know it was kind of silly. But I really like those guys.  smile

Posted: 10 December 2003 02:26 AM #2

Congrats Spider!!

Alf.

Signature

-Louie

• Posted: 10 December 2003 02:55 AM #3

W00tikins.

WKRP in Cincinnati.

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde

• Posted: 10 December 2003 04:47 AM #4

(Hands Spider a jar of cookies)

Mystery Science Theater 3000, what else?

Signature

"We need to talk.  Step into my office, baby!"
    -Belle and Sebastian

• Posted: 10 December 2003 05:40 AM #5

Sports Night

Great sitcom about the goings on behind the scenes of a cable sports network nightly news show.  Wonderfully written… I just think it was a bit too “intellectual” for the prime-time audience.  Why does this happen with every show I like?  Picket Fences, Northern Exposure and Sports Night would be my top three (in no particular order).

Signature

I’m out of time, patience and my mind… but I have plenty of excuses.

• Posted: 10 December 2003 10:08 AM #6

Re: Second kilopost

[quote author=“Spider”]

Firefly

“The” one wouldn’t be accurate though.  It’s just one that hasn’t yet been mentioned.  I’m sure I could come up with others that I’ve liked that were cancelled.  (I agree with The Lone Gunmen mentioned above.)  Looks like it might happen again with The Lyon’s Den.

BTW, I crossed 2k a while ago.  I didn’t make a big deal about it. tongue laugh

• Posted: 10 December 2003 02:58 PM #7

Yeah, Firefly is the one I’d choose.  It was really getting good, but they didn’t even air all the episodes, and never repeated the ones they did show!  But the whole show is out of DVD now, perhaps I’ll get it for Christmas.

Runner up is Babylon 5: Crusade.  I still haven’t forgiven TNT for trying to ruin it, then cancel it before the first episode aired!

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

• Posted: 10 December 2003 05:54 PM #8

I must second MST3K.  A true masterpiece.

Signature

Jon

a computer without windows is like a cake without ketchup.

• Posted: 19 December 2003 10:25 PM #9

Try to find someone who has heard of a show that incorporated animations of James Thurber cartoons into a storyline about a cartoonist. It lasted a half or full season and has probably been stepped on because at the time, video tape was too expensive for failed shows to be archived.

What, you want the name? My World and Welcome to It, described on imdb as “too good for television”.

Signature

Seemed like a good idea at the time

• Posted: 20 December 2003 05:36 AM #10

Lucan (the wolf boy)

Signature

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Posted: 20 December 2003 11:27 AM #11

Well, congrats Spider.

And I agree with everyone else on Firefly.

Signature

According to statistics, half the world is below average intelligence
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."-George Bernard Shaw
    "You can’t change that by gettin’ all…bendy."

• Posted: 20 December 2003 11:46 AM #12

Cheers, Spider.  Too bad I passed you up a long time ago…  raspberry

• Posted: 01 January 2004 08:11 AM #13

Followup: I did get Firefly on DVD this Christmas!  Very nice, with a number of episodes I’d missed, and 3 that never aired in the first place.  No commercials, the picture is very sharp, but a bit dark, on my iMac’s CRT, and the sound is incredible with my 2.1 speakers.

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

• Posted: 01 January 2004 09:27 AM #14

Congrats Spider!

I’m going to break the rules (so countersue me) and name three shows. Firefly, of course (WHY Fox cancelled it is beyond me - it was incredibly fun), which has already been mentioned. Then there’s Andy Richter Controls the Universe, which was a blast while it was on. Office politics galore, and one of my favorite lines ever:

We want our forks, knives, and spoons, not our sporks, spnives, and knifoons!

. And lastly, Greg the Bunny, just for its bizarre (and I mean really bizarre) humor.

Jason

Signature

Honorary Handsome Brute of TMO
    Bearded UNIX Guru-in-Training

Call me jvarner; it’s shorter and doesn’t require capitalization.

Posted: 01 January 2004 09:47 AM #15

Hmmm, Jason has a good second choice there with Greg the Bunny.  That was another funny show that Fox canceled for reasons I don’t understand.

Signature

According to statistics, half the world is below average intelligence
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."-George Bernard Shaw
    "You can’t change that by gettin’ all…bendy."