There's got to be a way to let phpBB know I'm still here

• Posted: 12 January 2004 08:49 PM

I have yet another weird question about these forums.  Twice in the past week, I’ve been scouring through the forums, and checking all the threads that had new posts.  Both times, I saw something that I felt compelled to reply to at length, so I hit reply and began typing up a detailed response.  Well, I apparently took so long (though I didn’t time it) that phpBB thought I had left the boards, when, in fact, I was just making a long post.  The result of this is that when I posted the message, all of the other unread threads were no longer marked, because I had “disconnected” (or just hadn’t communicated) with the boards for a while.

So, my weird request is: can I somehow make the time necessary for this to happen to be longer?  It’d be very nice for the next time I make a detailed post.  smile

Signature

"We need to talk.  Step into my office, baby!"
    -Belle and Sebastian

Posted: 12 January 2004 11:43 PM #1

The time out is set in the Admin panel , only accessable to admins.

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

• Posted: 13 January 2004 12:52 PM #2

Ah well, a guy can dream.  raspberry

Signature

"We need to talk.  Step into my office, baby!"
    -Belle and Sebastian

• Posted: 13 January 2004 01:15 PM #3

What are your cookie settings? I’m set to remember my login settings - and that’s stored as a client-side cookie. I don’t seem to have any problems with logging back in…

It’s likely that you may be losing your session id information due to cookie manglement.

Just a guess though, so it probably won’t work. smile

Jason

Signature

Honorary Handsome Brute of TMO
    Bearded UNIX Guru-in-Training

Call me jvarner; it’s shorter and doesn’t require capitalization.

Posted: 13 January 2004 01:22 PM #4

I believe the time out is set at infinity right now, so I don’t think that’s your problem. There are times when I’m at work and forget about a browser window under my work for several hours, and I never get logged out.

Could your internet connection be dropping out occasionally?

Signature

Brian

It depends on what you look at, obviously,
    But even more it depends on the way that you see