Hiding Messages

Posted: 07 May 2004 06:23 AM

I noticed the change to the news page posting which allows hiding of messages from guest users. Very nice and much appreciated. I always figured if you had time to come in and post drivel, then you could give the rest of us a bit more respect by spending the time to register. smile

However, there are still a couple people who have registered and yet their opinion is still something I care not to even see. They rarely post anything worthwhile; and when they do post it’s usually half-supported trolling. They must like the attention or think they have some kind of power to make others think or something, but it’s all useless. I’d rather read and respond to knowledgeable dicussion (even if it is anti-mac) rather than kneejerk half-supported, mostly hyperbolic anti-mac and anti-Mac Observer comments.

So, my question is, can we hide people on an individual basis?

Signature

Dean Lewis
    http://www.offbalance.com
    "Now that you’re dead, your usefulness to me
    has ended! But I’ll keep your shoes. BWAHAHAHA"
    —The Lightning Bug, J-Men Forever (1978)

Posted: 07 May 2004 06:40 AM #1

Hi Dean,

Good comments, and a question that needs answering.

We are in the process of updating and amplifying our forum moderation process to take care of the new comment system. Just be a little patient. I’m sure it won’t be long before the comments are fully integrated with the forum engine. That will allow many moderators to keep an eye on things and take appropriate action when necessary.

[Edit: I don’t know the answer to your specific question of hiding certain posters or certain posts. I haven’t been closely involved with the develpment of the changes, so I’m not sure if that kind of filtering is in the works or not. I’m sure someone else will be around to address that.]

Signature

Brian

It depends on what you look at, obviously,
    But even more it depends on the way that you see