Mac emulator on a PC

• Posted: 25 June 2001 10:28 PM

At work, I have to use a PC and I was wondering of anybody had come across a decent Mac emulator for a PC. I know there are plenty of PC emulators for Mac.

• Posted: 25 June 2001 12:30 PM #1

I never have used one, but I know they are out there.  Try windowstracker.com, they probably have one listed.  I can’t speak for them, but I know they exist.

Signature

Signatures are for geeks…. I’m a geek.

• Posted: 25 June 2001 03:39 PM #2

One possible alternative would be running a VNC server on your home Mac, thus allowing you to use it from work, and giving you most of what an emulator would.  (This is, of course, only a good idea if you have high-speed Internet access at home.)

Posted: 25 June 2001 04:06 PM #3

I know there is a Mac emulator or two out there.  I am thinking, however, that the best one only emulates 68K code.  I can’t rememebr for the life of me what they are named!  I know someone here does…

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 25 June 2001 10:28 PM #4

It’s a pretty simple emulator but you should check out vmac.org . vMac runs on several OSs including Windows, and even NeXTStep and Mac OS itself.