Fast Reply

Posted: 06 July 2004 12:31 PM

Would be cool if it would be averrable since it safes a lot of time.

Just a thought rolleyes

Signature

Those signatures are great.

Posted: 07 July 2004 12:48 AM #1

Hey Johannes, I am not sure what you mean. Is there something called “Fast Reply?”  If so, can you describe it?

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 07 July 2004 04:07 AM #2

Well, many forums have Fast Reply.

I looked around and found a mod for phpBB forums here .

What it basically does is, that you click on fast reply and a text box appears like this on I’m typing at the moment, and you can Reply to a topic fast without loading an other site.

Signature

• Posted: 07 July 2004 04:27 PM #3

FWIW: There is a similar feature in the MozillaZine Forums. Each thread has a simple textarea and submit button at the bottom so you can reply without even opening a separate page to type in.

Posted: 08 July 2004 12:54 AM #4

[quote author=“David Nelson”]FWIW: There is a similar feature in the MozillaZine Forums. Each thread has a simple textarea and submit button at the bottom so you can reply without even opening a separate page to type in.

Yea, thats what I mean, there are different versions of it, some can be opened some are open all the time.

Signature

Posted: 08 July 2004 01:20 AM #5

Ah, I see.  I’ll have the forum dudes check into it.

Thanks for the note(s)!

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 08 July 2004 01:53 AM #6

Cool…

smile

Signature