Kaleidoscope & Appearance

• Posted: 26 June 2001 01:30 PM

I love some of the Kaleidoscope schemes, but I’m not happy with Kaleidoscope itself.
    It sometimes makes my screen look like a Swiss Cheese with strange holes.
    I also hate the fact that there is no On/Off switch in the Kaleidoscope control panel.
    Does anybody know if there is a tool that can convert Kaleidoscope schemes into Appearance Themes?

Signature

Ayreon, You must have heard it in your life, even if it’s only once!

• Posted: 26 June 2001 08:16 AM #1

Not that I have heard of. Maybe people are afraid of Apple’s lawyers swooping down on them like some vulture in a cheap suit.

Signature

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

What’s the difference between a Mac and a PC? Macs are designed, PCs are assembled.

• Posted: 26 June 2001 08:18 AM #2

For that lawyer crack, I feel the need to apologize…

(everybody say it with me..)

...to the vultures.

Signature

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

What’s the difference between a Mac and a PC? Macs are designed, PCs are assembled.

• Posted: 26 June 2001 01:30 PM #3

I don’t know the answer to the question you asked, but I did find out that many of the schemes produce annoying little corners at the top and bottom of the screen during DVD playback. This is whether you present the movie in the viewer or full screen. But if you choose Apple Platnium, which I guess is the default/non-kaleidoscope, then it goes away. that’s kind an annoying little thing to have to fix when you fire up the movie.

Signature

Scott
    Pittsburgh, PA
    God bless our troops in Iraq and everywhere.

GO STEELERS. GO PIRATES. and GO PENGUINS (ummm, well ...)