New iPod ad!  New dance style.  Like it?  No?  Post here!

Posted: 30 August 2004 12:11 AM

It’s a different “version” of Walkie Talkie Man than the one used in the super-cool 2-minute digital music ad.  Contains…er…different kinds of dancing, but I guess variety’s good…if a different set of buyers identify with it, great! raspberry

You can check it out at the usual place .

(credit to Mac Bytes…not an endorsement, it’s just how I found out about it)

EDIT: POTENTIAL PARADIGM SHIFT WARNING…POTENTIAL FOOD FOR “APPLE IS DOOMED” FAN-ATICS WARNING…YES, THE HYPHEN WAS INTENTIONAL…I’LL STOP THE CAPS NOW…: Upon a second viewing of the ad, it appears Apple’s now changed their compatibility notice from “Mac or PC” to “PC or Mac.”  Is Apple gonna become a PC software maker after all?!  To quote an exclamation from a certain webcomic out there: Onoz! (sound it out if initially puzzled)

(/ultra-heavy sarcasm)

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 30 August 2004 12:51 AM #1

Re: New iPod ad!  New dance style.  Like it?  No?  Post here

[quote author=“Mav”] Is Apple gonna become a PC software maker after all?!  To quote an exclamation from a certain webcomic out there: Onoz! (sound it out if initially puzzled)

(/ultra-heavy sarcasm)

[reality] Apple is already a PC software maker: iTunes for Windows and Windows versions of FileMaker Pro and AppleWorks and the Apple software product to boast millions of PC downloads - QuickTime. Possibly more to come…[/reality] wink

• Posted: 30 August 2004 01:31 AM #2

Meanwhile, HP has also released their own iPod ad:

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hpads/tvpromo.html?mtxs=home-hho&mtxb=B1&mtxl=L3

The plot thickens…

Signature

"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."—Steve Jobs

• Posted: 30 August 2004 05:08 AM #3

[quote author=“Creole”]Meanwhile, HP has also released their own iPod ad:

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hpads/tvpromo.html?mtxs=home-hho&mtxb=B1&mtxl=L3

The plot thickens…

Ok, HP’s ad for their iPod stinks (in my opinion). However, their digtal photography tv ad was quite good actually. Go figure.

• Posted: 30 August 2004 05:22 AM #4

interesting how after hp’s little ipod commercial they have their little slogan - “invent.”

i did like the digital photography commercial, but it didn’t want to make me go out and buy hp products…

Signature

“Enemies at two o’clock!”

“Roger.  What should I do until then?”
    slinky259.blogspot.com

• Posted: 30 August 2004 06:33 AM #5

The whole “PC and Mac” thing doesn’t have the same ring to it as “Mac and PC” does.

Ok, HP’s ad for their iPod stinks (in my opinion). However, their digtal photography tv ad was quite good actually. Go figure.

I thought the whole concept was too similar to the ‘iPod your BWM’ ad, in that it pretty much just showed the ability to easily store cycle through your entire music collection.

All I can say is Think Different.

:apple:

Signature

"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."—Steve Jobs

• Posted: 30 August 2004 07:10 AM #6

[quote author=“Creole”]The whole “PC and Mac” thing doesn’t have the same ring to it as “Mac and PC” does.

Actually, I was quite surprised when I first saw Apple’s iPod ads placing Mac before PC. PC users outnumber Mac users by a considerable amount. This makes sense.

Oh yeah, and people are still asking me whether my iPod works on a PC (or more subtle, will it work as well). I tell them it’s the same either way.

• Posted: 30 August 2004 11:21 AM #7

I think the HP iPod ad is funny, if illogical.  All these different people dancing to music that doesn’t sound like something they’d ever dance to.  It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the iPod, though.

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

• Posted: 30 August 2004 11:25 AM #8

[quote author=“Alphax”]I think the HP iPod ad is funny, if illogical.  All these different people dancing to music that doesn’t sound like something they’d ever dance to.  It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the iPod, though.

THe idea, I believe, is that the people in the scene are listening to the ‘appropriate music’ for the scene, but that the camera - you - are listening to the iPod, so you hear different music from what everyone else is hearing… thus the crazy juxtaposition.  The ‘neato-factor’ is that there’s a pretty good sync between what the crowd is dancing to and what you’re hearing, even though the genres are poles apart.

Signature

“We think we own the world and own the stars… in fact we barely even own our cars.” - Sparks, “A Song That Sings Itself”