Report on Jobs's Keynote at NECC

• Posted: 27 June 2001 04:45 PM

It was really wonderful.

Not at all the usual format. It was directed just at education and was truly thought provoking.  My guess is that 10,000 people were in attendance. Major focus on students, teachers, administrators, the new iBook and Airport, and PowerSchool.  The big screens, movies, demos, and graphics were terrific.  Steve Jobs was on stage, by himself, with an iBook, for 1 1/2 hours.  No one left the entire time.

Apple’s presence at NECC was huge, large booths, iMacs and iBooks everywhere, and Apple tote bags for everyone.

It was great to be there.  And Apple’s product linup made the other vendors look old hat.

Dr. L

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hledgard on 2001-06-27 19:43 ]</font>

Posted: 27 June 2001 09:57 AM #1

Outstanding!  What about attendees’ reactions?

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 27 June 2001 11:05 AM #2

It was hard to tell. 

No one left the keynote early (it was over 75 mins) and it was a serious conference for educstors.

I can’t help but think many will have great respect for Apple.

Posted: 27 June 2001 11:13 AM #3

Oops, I meant at the event as a whole.  You mentioned Apple’s presence being everywhere, and I was wondering how attendees reacted to that.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 27 June 2001 04:45 PM #4

Just do not know Bryan.  I did not attend the sessions, just the exhibits.