Randomly deleted posts

• Posted: 26 October 2001 08:32 PM

Hey, anyone notice that any of their posts were lost today?  I mean I can understand deleting that PC spammer guy’s posts, but what about my Drew Carey post?  That was harmless, wasn’t it?  What is up?

Signature

Signatures are for geeks…. I’m a geek.

Posted: 25 October 2001 07:12 PM #1

Hey Retro,

We are looking into this.  Sorry about any inconvenience!

Bryan

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 25 October 2001 08:56 PM #2

Chances are it got lost in the shuffle today whe we had to delete a slew of posts/topics from a spammer.  It’s likely that a few (and only a few) legit posts that came in during the same time period were lost.

Our apologies.

-Dave

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.

• Posted: 26 October 2001 09:19 AM #3

No problem.  I thought for awhile that you may have done a clean backup to a previous SQL database.  I noticed that you guys probably upgraded to the newest version of MySQL and thought you might have restored an earlier database dump.

Signature

Posted: 26 October 2001 09:55 AM #4

What? My twelve-page dissertation detailing exactly how Apple can unseat Microsoft, overtake the enterprise market, knock Palm down a few notches and profitably sell the iPod for $199 is deleted and lost forever?!

Damn, I knew I should have saved a copy!

Signature

Rob

widgets :: music :: photos :: twitter

• Posted: 26 October 2001 11:13 AM #5

Yes!  I saw that one, it was sandwiched right between “MACS SUCK” and “MAC USERS HAVE LOWER IQs”.  That really sucks, man.

Signature

Posted: 26 October 2001 11:19 AM #6

Hahah!  Very nice. 

Don’t feel left out though.  We also deleted our Hot Forum Topic, and my own announcement about the new forum ranks.  Consider these deleted posts as regrettable collateral damage. 

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 26 October 2001 08:32 PM #7

Probably just as well. My post about room-temperature fusion using peanut butter sammiches as a catalyst might have been a touch premature.

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde