rating system needed

• Posted: 15 July 2001 07:51 AM

I’d personally like to see some kind of user based quality rating system for the great list of web sites you offer in the “MacOS News around the web” section.

Some sites (like AppleInsider - the last story was posted April 27!) are really stale.
    There are also other sites that aren’t listed that are pretty good. Like ArtificialCheese.com, they really have a funny slant on things.

Signature

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

What’s the difference between a Mac and a PC? Macs are designed, PCs are assembled.

• Posted: 13 June 2001 07:15 AM #1

I’ll second that. Although MacObserver should have all the juicy stuff I need, it can’t have everything.

A “quick-links” section to helpful Mac sites, perhaps rated, would be a great resource.

My current home page is (please don’t laugh) versiontracker. Gimme a reason to make it MacObserver!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JoeDu on 2001-06-13 10:15 ]</font>

Signature

“Instead of leaving, they’re staying in droves.”
    -Heddey Lamar.

“That’s HEADLEY”

Posted: 13 June 2001 07:48 AM #2

Hey JoeDu,

Thanks for the post.  We have a links section called Mac OS News Around The Web that you may want to check out.  We have some 70 sites linked, and we list 4-10 articles per day that we think are particularly spiffy (or horrid).

Photodan, Thanks for the suggestion on the rating system.  That’s a great idea and we are discussing it.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 15 July 2001 07:51 AM #3

Maybe you should add a link to sites to avoid