Creating Podcasts…

• Posted: 11 July 2005 01:26 AM

First of all, congrats on the new site!

I’m a huge fan of podcasts… don’t know exactly why though. I wasn’t a big radio listener… Think it has something to do with freedom of choice, time & place. With podcasts & the iPod I can listen to whatever and whenever I want it while being able to skip commercials at the same time.

Anyway, I’d like to create some podcasts too. I was wondering what hardware & software I should use.

For now (on Windows): I’ve tried Audacity.
    But I was thinking of using a mac mini with Garageband and buying a Griffin iTalk & using it on my iPod to do location interviews. Would that do the trick?

Any advice on which microphones or software I could use?

:apple:

Posted: 11 July 2005 09:26 AM #1

Garageband is actually quite a popular choice. Comes with most systems, has better editing than most audio apps with the multiple tracks, and exports direct to iTunes.

But you do need a stereo mic to record direct into it. This is where iMovie can come in handy. iMovie doesn’t care about the input audio it uses. Just take any old mic, record audio into iMovie, export it as AIFF, and then drop it into Garageband. (This method also allows audio recording with the iSight to be used in Garageband)

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

• Posted: 12 July 2005 10:00 AM #2

The built-in mic on my Powerbook actually sounds pretty good too. And records directly into GarageBand.

Signature

Kevin Crossman
    Kevdo.com - The Narrow Interest Portal
    http://www.the-frat-pack.com - The Frat Pack Tribute
    Listen to our podcast!