Forums officially "a hit"?

• Posted: 23 July 2001 02:04 AM

I am a member of several Mac web forums. This one appears to be highly trafficked, compared to a couple of others that I visit reguarly.

Congrats, guys.

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

• Posted: 28 June 2001 10:52 PM #1

I like this one more than any other Mac forum I have been in.  The people are nice and the discussions are usually intelligent.  I have learned things here too and that is always cool.

Signature

Windows sucks.

• Posted: 29 June 2001 12:50 AM #2

I agree, this forum does seem to get more posts than many others do.  MacNN and AppleInsider’s forums are normally pretty busy, but there are few others that I ever see which are worth spending much time at. (Very little recent content.)  Mac Observer gives a third option now for a forum that has a decent amount of marterial on it.

• Posted: 30 June 2001 06:24 AM #3

How much do you think the recent contest has improved traffic?  I see a lot of silly people signing up and not posting.  But then again, a lot of people are signed up and have posted.  The question is, after the contest is over, will they stick around?

I agree that the MODs have done a good job of posting interesting topics.  We have been lucky so far to have a great bunch of people.  I think Mac Users ARE, almost universally, good rational people, except when they are attacked by a WinTel user or they feel they have to battle FUD, then watch out!

Out of all Mac news sites, there are only a few I really visit.  TMO has always been one of them.  Although I still hold that you should do a more comprehensive MacOS News around the Web like you used to.  Thats just my two cents    

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retro on 2001-06-30 09:25 ]</font>

Signature

Signatures are for geeks…. I’m a geek.

• Posted: 02 July 2001 11:36 AM #4

Shows how slow I am! I didn’t even know there was a contest going on, until I saw the winner of the first!

Sometimes being old has its advantages, but in this case…

Signature

patience - now that’s a virtue I can’t wait for!

• Posted: 09 July 2001 09:40 AM #5

I am a member of many forums and have to commend the whole TMO staff on a very professionally run forum and to say this place has become my new home

• Posted: 15 July 2001 01:24 PM #6

Wanted to say I’m glad to be here, too.

I’ve spent considerable time chasing miniscule signal thru tons o noise elsewhere, and I’m relieved to find real people here having actual conversations.

Looking forward to making a contribution….

Signature

Zippity Doo Dah!  Zippety Yay!
    My, oh my - what a wonderful day!
    Plenty o’ sunshine headin’ my way!
    Zippity Doo Dah!  Zippety Yay!

• Posted: 15 July 2001 08:24 PM #7

I *stumbled* across Mac Observer’s forums while searching the web for Apple stuff in general. As some of you know, I will soon be buying my first mac (a tower). I came here to read comments, post questions, and just learn about everything mac. Well, because of everybody here, I’ve learned a lot and have a great time just hangin’ out in the forums.

I really didn’t even realize the forum was new (like about 2 weeks old when I joined). I have to say that the people on this site and the people this site attract seem to be the most knowledgable around.

I recently started checking out other forums and they really don’t compare to the editors and moderators at Mac Observer. You guys rock.

Signature

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Posted: 17 July 2001 10:35 AM #8

Welcome to the Mac community!!   Hope you enjoy your tower and keep coming here. Have a great time

• Posted: 22 July 2001 09:32 AM #9

I to have been getting mac observer news to my inbox for a year or so and I only discovered the forums a month or so ago,and I like it here too,the only other mac forums I go on are the UK Macuser forums and they are in a urgent need of a redesign.

Signature

Visit my fantastic iTools constructed website,go on,whats the worst that can happen?

http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish/

Posted: 23 July 2001 02:04 AM #10

Thanks, Andy.

Just so you know.  We only rolled out the current forums less than 2 months ago.  Before that, we used an inferior engine and we didn’t promote them much.  Glad you are here now though!

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.