MSFT Ruling Vs. AAPL

Posted: 08 July 2001 03:51 PM

AOL and Real got hammered on Thursday because of the Microsoft ruling.  Apple didn’t (up 20 cents).  I find that interesting in and of itself, but I am interested in what everyone thinks about the long term impact on AAPL.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 30 June 2001 02:46 AM #1

I do not know how to read it.

Plus:  Microsoft must be careful on AOL and Rio, and may face real court suits on XP.

Minus:  Microsoft could win out big on XP.

PS OS X is SOOOOO much nicer than XP.

• Posted: 30 June 2001 05:28 PM #2

AAPL was actually down $.29 on Friday (-1.23%)

• Posted: 07 July 2001 02:00 PM #3

The ruling of the Appeals Court gives Apple a slam dunk for treble damages, should they take it to court.  I wonder what Mr. Bill will give to avoid that!

Posted: 07 July 2001 08:27 PM #4

But will Apple sue or threaten to sue MS?

Signature

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 07 July 2001 08:40 PM #5

Knowing Apple Legal… they will at least threaten to sue, just to see if they can make a deal with Microsoft.  I don’t see Apple and Microsoft in court together in the near future.

Posted: 07 July 2001 11:16 PM #6

I would love to see Apple get tough with MS, but I can’t imagine that will happen any time soon.  The Mac Business Unit is still far more important to Apple than it is to MS.

Signature

Posted: 08 July 2001 08:45 AM #7

Good point Bryan.  Even if it did, they probably have some sort of deal formed back when about not sueing each other or something.

Now that AAPL sunk 5% and the whole industry is down, when are we going to see some improvement?

Posted: 08 July 2001 03:51 PM #8

I think Apple will be bound to the under 25 mark until they turn in a good profit.  Their P/E ratio is just too high to allow much movement to the positive.

Signature