2000th Post!

Posted: 06 July 2001 02:13 PM

Another milestone for our forums today, and it is the 2000th post!  It’s actually this one. 

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 03 July 2001 10:39 AM #1

Starts way to many rediculous topics

Oh wait, thought this was another forum about the guy above you

Signature

Growing old is mandatory;
    Growing up is optional.

Posted: 03 July 2001 10:41 AM #2

Signature

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 03 July 2001 10:48 AM #3

is currently sitting in front of his computer awaiting the time he can post the 3000th post on these boards.  Ingenious?  Maybe…

Signature

Brad Smith
    The Mac Observer

• Posted: 06 July 2001 01:54 PM #4

Congrats to Mac Observer for their forums hitting 2000+ posts.  As an ex-BBS operator (back when no one knew what the Internet was), I understand what an achievement that it.

However, I do have to say that the old saying “It’s about the quality, not the quantity” should not be forgotten.  Sheer numbers alone don’t make something worthy of praise.  Think of how many more Wintel owners there are, compared to Mac owners. 

I’m also concerned about the “every 10 posts gets you another entry into the prize drawing” policy.  It would seem that is quite likely to encourage “excess baggage” in the forums of little relevance or worth.

But that said…I’m here making my first post to insure that I’m officially recognized as entered into the drawing.  You may draw whatever conclusions from that you wish…

Signature

—Matthew Ryan

Posted: 06 July 2001 02:13 PM #5

Heh, all your points are well taken, MRyan,  but the quality of our forum posters is remarkably high.  We included the “lame post” clause to keep the riff-raff from SPAMMing the forums, but have not had to use it.  Check out all the posts, including the silly ones in the lounge, and enjoy.

Signature