The best Fantasy book ever.

• Posted: 05 July 2001 06:49 AM

Bryan started the one for SciFi….but what about Fantasy?
    My favorite is Zelazny’s Amber Series (Nine Princes in Amber is first book) or J.R.R. Tolkin’s Lord of the Rings series (cant wait for the movies)

Signature

Growing old is mandatory;
    Growing up is optional.

Posted: 03 July 2001 11:09 AM #1

Lo!

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 03 July 2001 11:11 AM #2

LOL!!

If anybody else gets that, first you need to get out more.  Second you are probably just as psyched for the movies as I am.  That’s comedy.

Signature

You better eat him Mitch…before I do.

• Posted: 03 July 2001 11:27 AM #3

Lord of the Rings.  No contest there.  Have you guys seen the new trailer (playing in front of most copies of Pearl Harbor and some copies of A.I.)?  I downloaded it today and it is awesome.  Can’t wait to go to Pearl Harbor just to see the trailer in all its glory.  Oh yeah, can’t wait for the movies as well.

Brad

Signature

Brad Smith
    The Mac Observer

• Posted: 03 July 2001 11:32 AM #4

I watch all the trailers on Apple’s Quicktime page. Love that Cable modem access

Signature

Growing up is optional.

• Posted: 03 July 2001 01:23 PM #5

Actually, the new trailer isn’t on Apple’s QuickTime Trailer page because Real Networks threw a great deal of money at New Line Cinema.  You can find the trailer in RealVideo at LordOfTheRings.Net or see it in theaters.  This trailer is approximately two minutes and shows A LOT of images not seen in previous trailers.

Brad

Signature

Brad Smith
    The Mac Observer

• Posted: 03 July 2001 02:52 PM #6

Ok….but the link still exists on Apple’s web site to watch the video

Signature

Growing up is optional.

• Posted: 03 July 2001 02:55 PM #7

I guess I’m not making myself too clear.  Sorry

There is still a trailer on Apple’s site, however it is only the first teaser trailer.  The second teaser trailer is the one I speak of, yet Apple seems to not have access to this one for their site this time.

Brad

Signature

Brad Smith
    The Mac Observer

• Posted: 05 July 2001 06:49 AM #8

Ah….Hmm…..Guess I need to go check that out.

Signature

Growing up is optional.