Think new iMac is ugly? First, check out Intel's "Concept PC

• Posted: 09 January 2002 02:16 PM #31

You tend to respect Ives a lot more when you see these Intel monstrosities, and realize how hard he must work to design attractive computers. Especially considering how much money Intel must throw at designers, and this is all they could come up with.

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

• Posted: 09 January 2002 02:22 PM #32

GAG!  I simply can not keep looking at those!  Where the hell is imagination (with relatively good taste) these days???

I wasn’t too keen on the new iMac when I first saw the time cover, but it’s rapidly growing on me… especially since you can practically hide the whole base by moving the screen down.

Go Apple.

cgray

• Posted: 09 January 2002 03:32 PM #33

Anyone notice that Sasha and Media Center are the same? Both suck!

Signature

• Posted: 09 January 2002 03:53 PM #34

Everyone that hates the iMac should go right here and view this QuickTime intro. The iMac is going to grow on you. It will grow on everyone.

I’ve gotten over my iHype shock, and can’t help but agree with His Steveness.

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

• Posted: 09 January 2002 04:00 PM #35

What’s the deal with the Pi Casa?  It looks like some biochemistry lab machine, with that blue-ampule-tray-looking-thing that apparently plugs into the top of the box.

• Posted: 09 January 2002 04:08 PM #36

On 2002-01-09 19:53, iBrotha wrote:
    Everyone that hates the iMac should go right here and view this QuickTime intro. The iMac is going to grow on you. It will grow on everyone.

Heh, I love that video. Dancin’ iMac 2. I wonder if there is an iTunes plugin to get it to dance to the music like that…

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

• Posted: 09 January 2002 05:31 PM #37

I kinda like the bonsai model…it grows on you…

LIKE TILE FUNGUS!

• Posted: 09 January 2002 05:32 PM #38

However, these concept PCs should have been called “minikui” which simply means ugly.

‘Cho Desai’, perhaps?

Signature

Seemed like a good idea at the time

• Posted: 09 January 2002 05:40 PM #39

X136 wonders why anybody would want a computer shaped like a decapitated fish head. Come on now buddy, the Koi model would ever so complement that piece of wondrous Americana kitsch, the singling (talking?) Bass mounted on an oval, faux-wood plaque and which sold for 19.95.
    Bless you Intel for instilling some design harmony in homes rife with oddities.

Frank

• Posted: 09 January 2002 05:41 PM #40

To paraphrase Jeff Goldblum (on the TiBook launch ad)...“Jees, youre gonna so NOT want one”

• Posted: 09 January 2002 06:17 PM #41

I believe Butthead (of Beavis and Butthead) stated it best:

“You can’t polish a turd Beavis”.

• Posted: 09 January 2002 06:53 PM #42

disgusting

• Posted: 09 January 2002 06:59 PM #43

Looking at those monstrosities makes me wonder if I should go back into Industrial Design.

It seems that there are a lot of designers (if they truly ARE designers and not engineers) who havent got a clue what form, function, simplicity and elegance have to do with design.

Time to dust off the Chartpak markers and get back into I.D.

They sure as heII cant do it.

Whadddidya expect…it’s Intel.

• Posted: 10 January 2002 01:24 AM #44

i am one of the few dedeciated Mac users in my school and most of our classmates know of our computer-preference…..when the new iMac came out, many classmates came up to me and commented how cool the new iMac looks!...usually, its the other way around, with me telling all my friends about a new Apple product….this is a good sign!

nobody has said the new iMac is ugly….before it even came out, many of friends have come up to me telling me that they’re interested in getting Mac laptops for college (i am a senior in high school)....i already convinced many of them to buy TiBooks or iBooks….most of the others were interested in getting desktops and none of them were interested in the old iMac or PowerMac….with this new iMac design however, i’m sure i can generate a lot more sales for Apple! hehe

Posted: 10 January 2002 02:05 AM #45

I can’t believe that thes are genuine designs—do you have April Fool’s Day earlier in the USA? Anyway, hardly any of them are “new”: I used one in the 1970s (one of the first desktop computers), my wife has several of them in the kitchen (waffel maker, coffee machine…) and one of them is in our hall, the coat hanger.
    Scuse me while I go to puke…