transistions & titles in IMOVIE

• Posted: 23 January 2002 12:58 PM

Can sometime tell me how you can get the titles and transistions into the movie. I get the preview button on but not the update and there is no way to drag the clip into the timeline. Help please. I’m a FCP user but just trying to learn Imovie.

Thanks

Posted: 23 January 2002 12:58 PM #1

Which version of iMovie are you using?

I just created a VCD last night from some iMovies I made. I used quite a few titles and transitions.

I use iMovie 2, BTW.

To do the Titles over the images/movie, select the movie in the timeline that you want to put it on (It should become yellow), then click and drag the title you want onto that movie. It will render on top of that movie as one clip.

As for transitions, you should be able to do the same thing. Drag and drop. If it does not work, again choose the clip you want and place the transtition where you want it…before or after. I have found this to be the best solution for getting effects and stuff to work properly.

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

• Posted: 17 October 2002 10:11 PM #2

Titles

You can’t just drag a title anywhere onto the iMovie timeline and expect it start rendering. You drag a title onto an edit point just like a transition.

If there is no edit point, make one.

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi

• Posted: 18 October 2002 11:18 AM #3

I think Spider meant just drag the title button onto a clip that you have selected in the timeline. Works for me!

Enlil

Signature

It’s about FREEDOM.

Posted: 18 October 2002 01:28 PM #4

Here’s a really good site to help you with this and many other questions about iMovie.

• Posted: 18 October 2002 05:42 PM #5

Yes, by all means, drag it onto a selected clip but be aware the title will only build at the beginning of the selected clip. If you want the title halfway through the clip, position the playhead where you want it, then split the clip (command-T).

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi