Graphics Call

Posted: 26 January 2002 10:50 AM #16

Don’t forget this one!

When the avatars arrive, will it be a case where you select from a preset list or can you upload/provide a URL for a custom file? I’ve only ever run across the latter.

Signature

Rob

widgets :: music :: photos :: twitter

Posted: 26 January 2002 11:09 AM #17

When the avatars arrive, will it be a case where you select from a preset list or can you upload/provide a URL for a custom file? I’ve only ever run across the latter.

I was wondering the same thing…because I would love to have an Avatar that is “just for me”. I know, kind of selfish…but I am creating some. That could be a bit of a reward.

Hint hint….

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

• Posted: 26 January 2002 01:29 PM #18

And now your Avatars, sponsored, of course, by The Evil Girls of TMO™:

I’m open to comments (because any combination of what you see can be done with the other images you see for the greatest effect).

Enjoy!

Brad

Signature

Brad Smith
    The Mac Observer

• Posted: 26 January 2002 07:28 PM #19

Illustrator didn’t work out too well, so I pulled out the GIMP again, and put together a few more.

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Posted: 27 January 2002 10:35 PM #20

Just update my selections with about a dozen or so….check em out.

http://spider.reddingdiscount.com/avatarsTMO/

Signature

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

Posted: 27 January 2002 10:48 PM #21

::prances and capers with delight::

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 27 January 2002 10:53 PM #22

Wow, Spider. Awesome.

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Posted: 27 January 2002 10:55 PM #23

Thanks, x.

I can see Bryan likes them too.   Just a little bit….

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2002 12:07 AM #24

I took the liberty of downloading this page and pasting some of the avatars into it to see how they would look.  I wanted to see the white backgrounds and the transparents. I think the transparents look better myself, but some of the white background ones will be a huge pain to change into that.

I thought of changing the white to the off grey of the forums, but there is two different colors. So, unless the new forums allow selective imaging so that the right avatar shows up on the right color…....

Mayve someone can write a script for it..

Anyways…here are my test pages…

http://spider.reddingdiscount.com/avatarsTMO/forumstest/viewtopic.php

http://spider.reddingdiscount.com/avatarsTMO/forumstest1/viewtopic.php

Let me know what you think….

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2002 12:28 AM #25

I also just fixed the big yellow star for x and the other people who end up getting it.

There was a lot of space around it that would mess up the layout for the avatar if they were to be used like I have them.

Feel free to download and update.

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2002 12:48 AM #26

Spider, if you put a black border of 1 or 2 pixels around the avatars with a white background, it will make them perfecto. 

Signature

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 28 January 2002 12:51 AM #27

Where is that there star, Spider.

Also, note that I am about to re-ad the other, higher ranks, now that X has achieved our current highest rank. 

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2002 12:53 AM #28

Spider, I am thinking, at this moment, that 80 x 74 (or 80 x 80) might be too big.  I didn’t think this until I looked at them on your mockup sheets.

Thoughts, anyone?

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2002 01:12 AM #29

Border - Will do, Mon Capitan!!!

Star: It is the big yellow star next to x’s name on my test sheets. It looks exactly like the old one, but it is not.

Size - I think it looks good at the size they are, actually. They are clear, easy to see, and are not obtrusive. Not only that, but they fill some of the empy space left in the info column. I think the size adds and enchances the forums.

The smaller ones are a little too hard to see any detail and are kind of..for lack of a better word…weak to me. My POV of course….will let others weigh in.

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2002 01:14 AM #30

Not that I am ragging on anyone elses avatars in any way…..they all are great looking. I just like the bigger sized ones better, is all.

Signature