Buying Apple Stock? Sound Off!

• Posted: 07 February 2002 07:10 PM

AAPL (Apple) has been experiencing consistently higher daily volume as of late. 

Are TMO forum members responsible for the increase in demand for Apple shares? Are you more likely or less likely to become an Apple shareholder since the release of the new iMac?

Sound off in this thread!

• Posted: 27 January 2002 03:37 PM #1

On 2002-01-25 01:51, DawnTreader wrote:

Are TMO forum members responsible for the increase in demand for Apple shares? Are you more likely or less likely to become an Apple shareholder since the release of the new iMac?

I’ve owned a bit of Apple stock for several years.  At present, I’m very optimistic about AAPL.

I visited my local Apple Store today and played with an iMac for the first time—it’s an amazing product that one has to see in person to appreciate.  And the retail stores are a great way to market it—while I was there, quite a few mall passers-by drifted in look at it.  It doesn’t surprise me that 40% of CPUs sold in the stores are going to Wintel converts.

Between the retail stores, the new iMac, the iPod (which is attracting a lot of attention in the Wintel world), and OS X, I think Apple has proven that it can flourish even in tough economic times.  As the economy starts to recover, I expect my Apple stock to climb!

Posted: 28 January 2002 12:40 AM #2

My mother bought me a share of AAPL from One-Share, one of our advertisers.  I am expecting it any day now.  I don’t currently own any other shares of the company’s stock, but if I Could buy, I would.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 28 January 2002 07:34 AM #3

On 2002-01-28 04:40, Bryan wrote:
    My mother bought me a share of AAPL from One-Share, one of our advertisers.  I am expecting it any day now.  I don’t currently own any other shares of the company’s stock, but if I Could buy, I would.

Oh, oh, oh…Please let us know how that works out! I was thinking of going through One-Share to purchase one share for each of my kids as a gift.

• Posted: 28 January 2002 06:47 PM #4

Getting a bit off the original topic, but I think that One Share of Stock thing is a pretty cool idea.  It seems a bit pricey, but when you figure all the hassle you’d go through trying to get it from a broker, their “One Fee” setup is a good deal.  (Maybe if you’re really rich and your broker kisses your feet, you could get a better deal from them. )  Some stock certificates look especially cool.  Apple’s still has a multicolored Apple logo on it.  Disney’s has Disney characters on it, plus a picture of Walt if I recall.  Pixar’s has some of their characters on it.  Kinda fun.  I can’t believe how well Microsoft’s sells when it’s so boring!

• Posted: 31 January 2002 01:05 PM #5

Apple closed today (1/31) at a 6 month high of 24.72 on volume of almost 8.3 million shares

• Posted: 06 February 2002 05:59 AM #6

On 2002-01-25 01:51, DawnTreader wrote:

- NOW will be the best time to buy APPL for the foreseeable future…

• Posted: 06 February 2002 08:13 PM #7

On 2002-02-06 09:59, Aphelion wrote:

- NOW will be the best time to buy APPL for the foreseeable future…

• Posted: 07 February 2002 07:10 PM #8

I’m not buying AAPL in the present instance;  this ib because I bought 1000 shares in 09/00, when the price dropped overnight from $56(?) to $26.

Just my luck it kept dropping!!

Still, I consider the current price levels to be an excellent entry point - if you want to invest in AAPL, now’s the time!

If, like me, you’ve already taken on a load o’ stock but you’re tempted to spring for more, then you might want to Invest Different - like, buy a new machine!

My target date to do so is “when the G5s come home”.  Or, more specifically, after MWNY I’ll either get the (speed-bumped?) iMac, or a G5 tower.

Oh, and an iPod.  Total price == +100 shares AAPL.

That means, I can buy a new Mac w/ investment funds!

Signature

Unscrewing the inscrutable since 1951