You might be a geek if…

• Posted: 04 February 2002 12:27 PM #16

...you acquire and install every OS you can get your hands on, just for the sheer joy of it.

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Posted: 04 February 2002 03:13 PM #17

...you think tools such as RealBasic and even the Terminal are for the babies.

..you’re more concerned with spelling unix terms correctly than common english!  ::blah::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Burnum on 2002-02-04 19:21 ]</font>

Posted: 04 February 2002 04:50 PM #18

...you wrote a script just to make typing “Bork! Bork! Bork!” faster.

...you think /finger humor is funny.

...your boyfriend spoke to your father for the first time, and it was about a computer. Sir.

...you are sorting through back-up CDs to make sure you have installers and your own serial numbers for installing things to your new computer…which hasn’t arrived yet.

Signature

Still evil, after all these years.!

• Posted: 04 February 2002 05:45 PM #19

...he said sir?!

*pictures someone calling my dad sir*
    No way!

YMBAG if you’ve updated the firmware on your cellphone recently. (Yes, it’s true. I did.)

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.

Posted: 04 February 2002 09:05 PM #20

YMBAGI you spoke to your girlfriend’s father for the very first time, including introducing yourself, so that you could help arrange for him to buy her a new PowerBook. (See above post from Jinkies )

YMBAGI the biggest thing you were worried about was screwing up said computer purchase.

YMBAGI if you have spoken with your girlfriend for more than 19 hours in one 48 hour period, using the computer (Go NetFone!).

YMBAGI you were also speaking with her on AIM and in the TMO forums at the same time.

YMBAGI you have done the laundry with your girlfriend, again using the computer. 

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 04 February 2002 09:35 PM #21

YMBAGI your name is Bryan and you have a girlfriend halfway across the globe.

Signature

• Posted: 04 February 2002 11:28 PM #22

YMBAGI if you continously jack up your computer in vain efforts to “fix” it, “make it better” or just to see “what this will do when I click on it”, then call Bryan up whining that “something is wrong with my computer and I don’t have a clue how it happened” 

Signature

There can be no greater love than that which makes us whole; even if it takes many loves to complete the whole.

• Posted: 05 February 2002 12:13 AM #23

YMBAGI you would spend every last cent you can get your hands on on new geeky gadgets, if you could.

Signature

• Posted: 05 February 2002 03:50 AM #24

YMBAGI you go to a photographer to discuss wedding pictures and have more interest in his TiBook than his work.

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

Posted: 05 February 2002 07:55 AM #25

YMBAGI your answer to “Given an unlimited amount of money, where would you spend it?” is “an Apple Store!”

Posted: 05 February 2002 03:52 PM #26

Barnum.. thats not normal… ?

YMAGI… you admit to being a geek…

Signature

-Louie

• Posted: 06 February 2002 03:04 AM #27

YMBAGI you can spend an hour with your brother, discussing new video cards.

Signature

Eindvijand

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”

• Posted: 06 February 2002 03:51 AM #28

YMBAGI your first job was at the kids’ science exhibit at the local museum.

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.

• Posted: 06 February 2002 05:10 AM #29

YMBAGI… ...you find it perfectly normal that you studied literature and STILL end up having a day job as a programmer. (Me? Noooo!)

Signature

Eindvijand

Posted: 06 February 2002 05:30 AM #30

YMBAGI…your tattoo artist has an iBook, a G4 Tower, and a 15-inch flat-screen display, and that’s when you *really* knew you wanted to pay him the cost of 2 iPods for a tattoo. 

Signature

Still evil, after all these years.!