You might be a geek if…

• Posted: 10 September 2004 04:23 PM #286

YMBAGI you can name more than four statistics about your computer.

Signature

Cadet Robb Loeb, AFROTC
    Det 020

• Posted: 10 September 2004 10:43 PM #287

YMBAG if you own more than 4 computers.

(I own 8 myself) :D

Signature

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end."

"The Macintosh may only have 10% of the market, but it is clearly the top 10%."

-Douglas Adams-

• Posted: 11 September 2004 01:18 AM #288

YMBAGI you have ever slept with your PB in your arms like it was a stuffed animal.

Signature

Cadet Robb Loeb, AFROTC
    Det 020

• Posted: 21 September 2004 10:40 AM #289

YMBAGI you’ve ever been on the #Macobserver IRC…...And stayed.

Signature

Cadet Robb Loeb, AFROTC
    Det 020

• Posted: 10 October 2004 06:05 AM #290

Gonna have to start this one up again…..

YMBAGI you know two or more of the following:
    *About “THE HAT”
    *What a “Trout Slap” is
    *The real name of more than five TMOers
    *Things that make Jinkies mad
    *The proper context to use “*...*”, “_…_”, and “/.../”

Signature

Cadet Robb Loeb, AFROTC
    Det 020

• Posted: 11 October 2004 10:28 AM #291

YMBAGI you came back to TMO after trying oh so hard to actually concentrate on school work your senior year raspberry

• Posted: 11 October 2004 12:09 PM #292

YMBAGI you convinced your Colonel to allow you to get an Airport for the cadet lounge so you could respond to posts while in your History of the Air Force class.

Signature

Cadet Robb Loeb, AFROTC
    Det 020

Posted: 28 November 2004 10:46 PM #293

You know, absolutely, that you are a (music) geek when you can write this and understand every single bloody word:

[quote author=“I”]This Gloria is in Phrygian mode. That is, it is in what is now referred to Phrygian, a “minor” scale based on E with a flattened second. In fact we cannot know for sure what a true Greek/Byzantine Phrygian mode sounded like. In the 6th century AD the Roman Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius wrote a mathematical treatise on musical theory, De Institutione Musica, where he used A to represent the lowest note; however the Greek notation appears to have alpha as the highest note. This probably was responsible for the mistaken belief that Greek scales were in an ascending instead of descending order. Thus it could be thought that the (medi?val) Phrygian mode is a descending “major” scale (tone/tone/semi/tone/tone et cetera).

However the whole concept of attributing classical modes major and minor scales is itself a solecism; it wasn’t until the late seventheenth century that modes were attributed to the new major/minor system.

Signature

Laurie Fleming - the singing geek

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 29 November 2004 11:18 AM #294

YMBAGI the ticking stopwatch on 60 Minutes is among your favorite TV themes ever.

Signature

Cadet Robb Loeb, AFROTC
    Det 020

• Posted: 05 March 2005 10:03 AM #295

YMBAG, if you spend a ridiculous amount of time and effort sourcing and replacing parts to bring a dead WallStreet back to life…when you have a perfectly good iBook you can be using in the meantime.

(It’s crazy, but it’s become a quest)  LOL

Signature

• Posted: 05 March 2005 10:13 AM #296

Oh and few more I’ve just thought of…

YMBAG if you….

1. Have a box of 20 Macintosh LC II’s in your spare room waiting for you to figure out how to do something useful with them (I dreamt of some Linux based SETI crunching scenario but I think I was just being silly, plus I need to learn a lot more about Linux first).

2. You have a collection of Apple Newtons

3. You spent a daft amount of time figuring out how to mount a Mac SE’s drive on (running 7.1) on the desktop of a Beige G3 running OS 9.1.

Signature

Posted: 12 April 2005 02:08 PM #297

YBWAAG (You Bloody Well Are A Geek) if you think the coolest thing about Tiger is the data models in Xcode .

Signature

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 13 April 2005 06:16 AM #298

YMBAGI, when someone asks “What’s up?”, you reply “north cross west”.

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde

• Posted: 13 April 2005 06:54 AM #299

YMBAGI you think of buying a house so you finally have room to display your vintage Amiga collection.

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

Posted: 13 April 2005 12:28 PM #300

YMBAGI you want to visit Belgium to drink the beer and look at an Amiga museum.

You can break out those bottles of Duvel already…

Signature

@LaurieFleming