All Aboard the AAPL Bullet Train!

• Posted: 13 February 2002 07:55 PM

Apple closed up $.94 today (2/4) to close at $25.35 on volume of 9.3 million shares. This is Apple’s highest close since coming off its 52-week high in early May. Apple is approaching $9 billion in market value and appears poised to test its 52-week high of $27.12. Apple is trading well above its moving averages and over the past year 12 months has outpaced the major indexes.

The new iMac continues to receive favorable press and has been mentioned in most major news publications and technology-related Web sties.

Will Apple set a new 52-week high in the coming days? What’s your view?

Posted: 04 February 2002 01:37 PM #1

well if everyone buys as many shares…

Yes, if Apple can keep up this favorable image, I think it’s do-able!  It’s one of the few companies turning profits in the industry.  That’s gotta mean something, right?  The only thing that worries me is that people don’t see the tech industry as a good place to invest right now, so I bet less people are looking at Apple’s stock and such.  Anyway, I sure hope Apple breaks the 52 week high!

• Posted: 04 February 2002 02:23 PM #2

Me too!  I sold some of my Apple stock right around the MacWorld Expo, thinking it would go down considerably.  It never did, really, so I reinvested that money in AAPL today—I think I’ll be holding onto it for a while.

Something “clicked” with AAPL after the iMac introduction; suddenly everyone’s optimistic about Apple’s future.  I think the coverage by Time was really priceless.

• Posted: 04 February 2002 04:44 PM #3

And the DOW (or something) was down over 200 points. I was listening to the guy on the radiio bemoan hte fact that the market was in teh dumps. I thought about my 50 shares of AAPL and smilled inwardly…

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

• Posted: 06 February 2002 05:49 AM #4

On 2002-02-04 17:18, DawnTreader wrote:
    Apple closed up $.94 today (2/4) to close at $25.35 on volume of 9.3 million shares. This is Apple’s highest close since coming off its 52-week high in early May. Apple is approaching $9 billion in market value and appears poised to test its 52-week high of $27.12. Apple is trading well above its moving averages and over the past year 12 months has outpaced the major indexes.

The new iMac continues to receive favorable press and has been mentioned in most major news publications and technology-related Web sties.

Will Apple set a new 52-week high in the coming days? What’s your view?

- count the days, count the hours, count on being blown away…

• Posted: 06 February 2002 08:54 PM #5

AAPL closed down $.74 today (2/6) at $24.67 on extraordinarily high volume of more than 10.6 million shares. My instincts tell me institutions are quietly moving money into the stock ahead of the next round of analyst upgrades.

I believe AAPL will test its 52-week high within the next two weeks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DawnTreader on 2002-02-07 00:58 ]</font>

• Posted: 13 February 2002 07:55 PM #6

I found this article in The Age earlier today. It explains quite nicely what AAPL should continue to do well.

The Age