GoLive X? Don't wait up.

• Posted: 19 February 2002 10:37 AM

Was anyone hanging out for GoLive X? Looks like a delay…

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.

• Posted: 05 February 2002 07:59 PM #1

Nah, I thought we were waiting for DreamWeaver X.  Which is probably a longer delay, given that they haven’t announced anything.

Posted: 05 February 2002 09:06 PM #2

Nope!  Freeway all the way baby! 

Using a WYSIWYG HTML editor not many people are familiar with isn’t the easiest thing in the world (trying to work with GoLive templates is a pain ) but Freeway is ?ber-cool.  It’s the easiest to use.  My formatting from Word is kept, I can chop images, combine em, just drag and drop images and text, resize and crop anything!  It makes web page creation easy and spiffy.  My best pages have been created with Freeway.  It’s just so flexible.  And it’s already OS X okay! 

• Posted: 05 February 2002 11:48 PM #3

Okay, this is the third time I’ve heard about Freeway in about as many days.  I’ll bite.  I’m biting.

And yeah, I was waiting for DW too, but it seems there are GoLive heathens among us.

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.

• Posted: 08 February 2002 04:46 PM #4

How about OmniWeb’s source editor?

• Posted: 08 February 2002 08:29 PM #5

I like using OmniWeb’s source editor, but have yet to try WYSIWYG editors like Freeway on X.

Brad

Signature

Brad Smith
    The Mac Observer

• Posted: 09 February 2002 02:09 PM #6

I think it’s buggin’ me that those WYSIWYG web editors cost so much. I mean they can easily cost $400. And if you only get ?640 ($580) a month it’s just too bloody expensive.

Signature

Tjeerd van Hoytema

—-
    Join us at irc.macobserver.com #macobserver

• Posted: 09 February 2002 08:53 PM #7

Did a test drive of Dreamweaver, had problems with fonts!! Looked great on the Mac but #$%^&* on Windows.  For that price it should not only do the grunt work, but the dishes too!

GoLive was OK, so what I ended up doing…. keeping it simple any one beside me still using Netscape?  I started off with 2.0 Gold and 5 years later… 4.75 . 

I did just surf over to Freeway, looking interesting!! Getting the DEMO.

Of course I have to admit one thing…  While I’m fond of my Netscape, I know that one day I will have to give it up. The good old days are going, and Netscape is looking more and more like AOL. ;-(  I did buy a copy of GoLive a couple of days ago, will be here sometime this week.

With my luck I’ll fall in love with Freeway.

• Posted: 10 February 2002 11:10 AM #8

On 2002-02-10 00:53, Robin wrote:
    Did a test drive of Dreamweaver, had problems with fonts!! Looked great on the Mac but #$%^&* on Windows.

The dickens you say.

(Crawls back into hole.)

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde

• Posted: 19 February 2002 10:37 AM #9

GoLive 5 is my web editor of choice. I am eagerly awaiting the release of v6, but it does sound like delays are slowing it down. Also, another interesting Adobe product is around the corner… LiveMotion 2. Adobe claims that it will finally be the true ‘Flash Killer.’ We shall see.

Thanks!
    Mitch Featherston

Signature

Hmmm… software.