The Weakest Link

Posted: 23 July 2001 02:15 AM #16

I don’t care for TWL that much, but I have a certain fondness for women with British (and Aussie) accents.  It’s the Anglophile in me you know.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 23 July 2001 03:34 AM #17

I have a certain fondness for women with British (and Aussie) accents.  It’s the Anglophile in me you know.

A man of taste

Signature

Visit my fantastic iTools constructed website,go on,whats the worst that can happen?

http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish/

Posted: 25 July 2001 10:47 PM #18

Ha!  Thanks, Andy.  You can add former Mod-wannabee to my list of crimes too.    Still got me scoot, still got me parka, still think The Who is the finest band ever.

Signature

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 26 July 2001 05:20 PM #19

Ok you’ve gone to far with admitting you have a parka,I had one when I was 9,and at no time was I cool

Signature

Visit my fantastic iTools constructed website,go on,whats the worst that can happen?

http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish/

Posted: 26 July 2001 07:53 PM #20

Hahahaha!

I actually have two parkas.  One that I totally trashed from wearing it so much and riding me scoot in the rain, and one that I got about 8 years ago that was totally NEW!  It was a genuine US Army Fishtail Parka that must have been in storage for years.  No bullet holes even (my first one had a sewed up bullet hole).

I don’t wear it though.

Then there’s the Union Jack jacket I had made. It was, of course, based on Pete Townsend’s Union Jack Jacket.  This was when I was still “working” on being a rock-n-roll star. 

Signature

• Posted: 26 July 2001 09:58 PM #21

On 2001-07-23 06:34, AndyWoodall wrote:

I have a certain fondness for women with British (and Aussie) accents.  It’s the Anglophile in me you know.

A man of taste

Certainly.

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.

Posted: 26 July 2001 10:01 PM #22

Ooooh, and I could hear the Aussie-lilt in your voice when you said that, Ms. Raena. 

Signature

• Posted: 27 July 2001 06:37 AM #23

On 2001-07-16 18:38, AndyWoodall wrote:
    We brits invented the Weakest Link and to you,my american friends I say: YOU CAN KEEP THE WEAKEST LINK. Its the worst thing to come out of the UK since,erm,The Avengers Movie.

Its all yours boys. (and girls)

Andy

Only if you send us the complete collections of I’m Sorry I’ll Read That Again and I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue. I’ve become addicted to those shows, particularly when they do “Late Arrivals at the XXX Ball”.

Here are a couple examples from “Late Arrivals at the Australian Ball” (hey to Raena), which I choose only because I listened to that ISIHAC episode last night:

Mr. and Mrs. Abong, and their son, Bill Abong.
    Mr. and Mrs. Zingmatilda, and their son, Walt Zingmatilda.

(Okay a few more; this is addicting.)

Mr. and Mrs. Erreef, and their wonderful son, Great Barry Erreef.
    Mr. and Mrs. Kangaroodownsport, and their son, Jaime Kangaroodownsport

So Andy, just send those tapes and you have a deal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tbone1 on 2001-07-27 09:43 ]</font>

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde