iBook sighting on CNN

• Posted: 26 June 2001 07:11 PM

Hey guys,

I was at work and we had CNN on TV to follow some US news, and at some point during the day, they featured some hip technology products. They displayed an iBook and started talking about it.

This is very good exposure if you ask me. Even a colleague of mine, who is PC-minded, thought that the notebook is nice and affordable.

Munger

• Posted: 26 June 2001 01:35 PM #1

I was at work yesterday and the lead computer tech was toting around his new tibook. I can’t believe what this thing looks like. I haven’t seen the new ibook yet, but I hear it’s a beauty. If you look carefully on TV you can find a lot of tibooks. The West Wing is a great example. That White House loves the titanium!

Signature

Scott
    Pittsburgh, PA
    God bless our troops in Iraq and everywhere.

GO STEELERS. GO PIRATES. and GO PENGUINS (ummm, well ...)

• Posted: 26 June 2001 02:53 PM #2

The fake White House at least.  I heard a rumor that President Bush uses a Mac but I don’t remember where.

Signature

Windows sucks.

• Posted: 26 June 2001 05:45 PM #3

President Bush is the proud owner of a Wallstreet PowerBook G3.

• Posted: 26 June 2001 05:48 PM #4

Just registered.  Also, Al Gore is a windows user.  Figures.  Boring, unoriginal…

• Posted: 26 June 2001 05:56 PM #5

Welcome to the forums.

Al Gore is lucky he knows how to use a real window, let alone Bill Gates’ version of it.

Signature

Scott
    Pittsburgh, PA
    God bless our troops in Iraq and everywhere.

GO STEELERS. GO PIRATES. and GO PENGUINS (ummm, well ...)

Posted: 26 June 2001 07:02 PM #6

I am so not going to get involved in this discussion.

Though I will point out that our sitting president thinks that Microsoft “innovates.”

And this thread is about 1 post away from getting moved to the Rant Channel. 

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 26 June 2001 07:11 PM #7

“Are you threatening me?” - Beavis (from Beavis & Butthead)

Signature

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

What’s the difference between a Mac and a PC? Macs are designed, PCs are assembled.