Video conversion

• Posted: 15 February 2002 09:51 AM

I need a quick digitizing of about 10 vhs tapes. I am in NY. Any suggestions. Also, I would like to retain for a day a person who could teach me premiere so I can cut and edit and add sound. I am preparing a cd for my son’s bar mitzvah next saturday—this is your life kindathing. I’m late getting started, duh. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’ve got a cd and dvd burner, a 667 powerbook with 768 ram.

• Posted: 14 February 2002 12:54 PM #1

For the analog to digital conversion you might want to look at the Formac Digital Family (http://www.formac.com). I haven’t priced professional conversion services but I’m sure the cost of that would go a ways toward the price of your own digitizing hardware. While I’ve never used it myself, I haven’t read anything bad about it either.

-Dan

Exclusive distributor of Evil™ Gourmet Party Trays to The Evil Girls of The Mac Observer™

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Photodan on 2002-02-14 16:58 ]</font>

Signature

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

What’s the difference between a Mac and a PC? Macs are designed, PCs are assembled.

• Posted: 14 February 2002 01:02 PM #2

It sounds like you have some long nights of editing ahead…
    Good Luck! Let us know how it turns out!

Welcome to the forums!

-Dan

Signature

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

What’s the difference between a Mac and a PC? Macs are designed, PCs are assembled.

• Posted: 14 February 2002 09:02 PM #3

Can’t help much, however I was going to buy the Formac (just under $400). The salesman a MacMall suggested the Dazzle since I wasn’t a pro. The big difference appears to be the ForMac has a built in TV/radio receiver, and the Hollywood doesn’t.  Also the Dazzle is less than $250.  (ecost.com price Mac Malls sister company)

Can’t tell you much more, mine just arrived to day.

• Posted: 15 February 2002 09:51 AM #4

You guys are great. Thanks. Usually, I don’t need much encouragement to buy new hardware. The long nights is the thing but it’s still cheaper and more meaningful than throwing a bar mitzvah party where they charge a premium for chopped liver.