Scanner and Photoshop don't like each other

• Posted: 17 February 2002 11:25 AM

OK starting to shake out the bugs of the new software, hardware, etc.  My new Microteck V6 UPL and PhotoShop 6 have a problem!  If I try to scan from Photoshop I get a Type 2 error.  Then the finder will freeze.  However if I start off with the scanner’s software and send to Photoshop all works fine.  Any ideas?

Posted: 14 February 2002 09:27 PM #1

Have you increased the RAM to both the Scanning App and Photoshop?

Try both.   Depending on how the scanner plug-in works, it may be bringing up a specialized “version” pf the software just for Photoshop. I know on my Umax scanner I had to up the amount of RAM in the app to make up for crashing.

Setting aside at least 75MB for Photoshop is a good idea, as well.

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

• Posted: 15 February 2002 03:45 PM #2

Oh I gave them RAM!! 200 megs each in pure anger, didn’t do any better.

Posted: 15 February 2002 08:00 PM #3

Hmmm…...have you updated Photoshop to the latest version?

How about the scanner software?

If no, do both. If yes, call a priest (I am only an ordained minister) and have the demons expelled from your software.  

Signature

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

• Posted: 15 February 2002 08:23 PM #4

Both are BRAND NEW (less than 2 weeks), I even checked to make sure my driver was the newest version!

Posted: 16 February 2002 10:53 AM #5

I am baffled.   The only suggestion I have is to use the long way around. Use the scanner software then bring it into Photoshop.

You could try calling MircoTek support, as if they are 2 weeks old, you should at least have 90 days TechSupport.

They might know something they are not telling the rest of the world.

Wish I could help, but the normal suggestions are out the window, and I cannot really go and look at your computer.

Good luck and I hope it gets resolved.

Signature

• Posted: 17 February 2002 11:25 AM #6

Baffled, would be an understatment to how I feel!  I’m just going to do the work around for a few days, and test the driver with the rest of my software and both OSs (9 & X). Then call tech support and dump the whole thing in their lap.  After all it it’s giving me problems in Photoshop, the odds are there will be problems with Acrobat too (both Adobe), then of course there is a few other programs.

thanks for trying