What Do You Do With Your Mac?

• Posted: 10 July 2001 10:40 AM

We all talk about how great or Macs are, but what do we really do with them that’s so great?

Right now, I’m trying to transfer my degrading VHS tapes of old TV shows onto Video CD so that they’ll last a little longer and can be played on my DVD player.  I’m using iMovie and a Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge to convert from my VCR to my G4 and Toast 5 to create the VCDs.  PhotoShop comes in for creating custom covers for each VCD so that they look like they belong in my DVD collection.

How about you?  Are you composing music, movies (i or otherwise)?

Signature

A man who finds himself in an empty room…
    is alone. - DL

• Posted: 09 July 2001 02:32 PM #1

My mac is a paper weight. Its an old 7100 (Was given to me)

The ones at work however posts to forums, Burns CD’s, Transfers media type (Zip to CD, Diskette to Zip or CD, Etc.), Plays games, reads news, Browses training files from Apple’s Tech site ....and ....umm ....other stuff ...cant think of what elses right now.

Signature

Growing old is mandatory;
    Growing up is optional.

• Posted: 09 July 2001 02:44 PM #2

I layout a web site, produce a newsletter and website for a Toastmasters club, teach myself programming, as well as video editing, FilmeMaker Pro, ad nauseum.

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

• Posted: 10 July 2001 10:40 AM #3

I use macs all day to run an isp business, the page layout and hosting are all done on macs. We use unix for our mail at the moment and for the usenet stuff. But that is changing as we move towards OSX server 2.0 later in the month.