Start complaining now!

• Posted: 10 July 2001 03:28 PM

You know what gonna happen the second after Jobs shows off the new hardware at MWNY, right? There’s gonna be some complaining. Justified or not, it’s bound to happen, so why not get a head start before the rush? Don’t let a little thing like not having seen the hardware yet stop you, just close your eyes, imagine what you want Jobs to announce, then imagine him announcing the complete opposite. See? Now you have complaint fodder!

Heck, I’ll even start the ball rolling. Here goes…

WHAT?!? I can’t believe Jobs just gave us a 700mhz G3 suede iMac! The speed bump is ok, and the 30GB drive is nice, and the process they used to make the suede and plastic combine into a solid structure is interesting (did he say it took his design team 3 year to refine the process?), but who the heck wants a black suede computer on their desk? What was he thinking? And the price!!! $1499 base price!! Crazy! Insane!

That’s it! I’m selling all my Apple stock and start building my own Linux boxes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VSeward on 2001-07-10 16:03 ]</font>

Signature

"If only you could have seen what I’ve seen with your eyes." Roy, Blade Runner

Vern Seward

• Posted: 10 July 2001 02:29 PM #1

[Mock Complaining]The MacWorld things are all the same. Disappointing announcements dressed up in media hype. Well I’m still waiting for Apple to get their computers up to a decent processing speed. Some new video hardware would be nice too. I don’t like the colour choices either. I thought Apple was supposed to be a leader, an innovator. Sheesh.[/Mock Complaining]

In reality, I am not expecting anything too new nor am I expecting a GHz CPU announcement. There’ll be some speed increases and some slight redesigns but nothing radical. Too bad, Apple stock could use a great announcment right about now too.

Signature

• Posted: 10 July 2001 03:28 PM #2

I agree! This year’s MW will suck! (I really mean to say that I totally disagree. Apple has something up its sleeve.)

All we ever get is silly speed increases. Where’s the innovation? Where’s the cool technology? (Apple almost has to come out with a new iMac, and it can’t be some rehash of colors. So I expect this MW to be a showcase of Apple innovation. I could be wrong.)

If Jobs tells me that I’ll want to lick my computer again I’ll barf up a puppy. It’s about time someone else did these MWs. Where the heck is Scully when you need him? (Jobs does showboat, but then, it IS a Macworld. If he doesn’t push the product who will? Besides, where else can you find that kind of cheap entertainment?)

And what’s the deal with OS X? If it gets any slower my Cube will start growing grey hair. I hate it! It’s ugly! It’s too hard to use, and there are no apps! Ninety nine bucks wasted! I smell a refund! (That last update did put some spring in X’s step. I would imagine MW willbe about product announcements for OS X, AND perhaps the release of OS X.1?? Come on MW!)

Signature

"If only you could have seen what I’ve seen with your eyes." Roy, Blade Runner

Vern Seward