Photoshop Tutorials for Mac users??

• Posted: 23 October 2005 07:02 AM

Hello,
    I have been trying to study a little bit to get the most out of Photoshop. However, the tutorials that I have found on the web are mostly written for windoze users with click combinations to apply features etc. which is a VERY BAD way to write a tutorial since you don’t know actually which feature you are using or applying. Anyway,
    does anybody know about some tutorial on the web that is for Mac users OR that at least is well written and tells you how to apply the features WITHOUT using specific keyboard combinations??

Thanks in advance

[ Edited: 21 October 2010 12:20 AM by Intruder ]

Signature

The bird doesn’t always flies
    .......only when is necessary

me

Posted: 23 October 2005 07:46 AM #1

+

As a good place to start, I’d try the Adobe support forums. While I’ve never used either of the Photoshop/ImageReady forums (one is specific to Mac; the other, Windows), I have used the Mac GoLive forum quite often. The FAQs contain a wealth of information, much of which can be like tutorials. It’s worth a try, and free.

Signature

mrmwebmax (formerly mrmgraphics)
    Max out your site! mrmwebmax.com

• Posted: 14 December 2005 12:59 AM #2

The Lynda.com tutorials are very nice.. and the Photoshop ones are recorded on a Mac…

I don’t know the level you want to achieve, but you could try them… on their site there’s samples to browse…

Cheers

• Posted: 22 May 2006 08:08 PM #3

I stumbled across this site of downloadable videos on a multitude of Photoshop topics.  One of the most useful I’ve run across:

Russell Brown Tips & Techniques

Signature

Old Toad
    G5 Dual Core 2Ghz, 2G RAM, 250G HD, 200GB FW,  22” SD, OSX 10.4.6, QT 7.0.4, Canon i850, Epson R200, Nano-blk

• Posted: 21 April 2007 03:27 PM #4

Write me a pm… Sometimes i write PS tutorials, i will help you when i`ll have some free time smile

• Posted: 22 April 2007 05:20 PM #5

[quote author=“Toad”]I stumbled across this site of downloadable videos on a multitude of Photoshop topics.  One of the most useful I’ve run across:

Russell Brown Tips & Techniques

Russell’s are OK, but his overuse of the word “magic” gets a bit annoying.

May I suggest you look through the widget listing at Apple’s site, where you will find not only Russell Brown’s Photoshop tutorial widget but two or three others that may prove useful to you.

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi

• Posted: 15 January 2009 04:39 PM #6

You can also try Kelby Training at http://www.kelbytraining.com
    There is a yearly fee, but they have a lot of tutorials for photoshop ranging from “beginners” to “advanced”.
    I am illiterate on both my Mac and photoshop and had the same problem about learning photoshop (on Mac).
    So far it’s been about the easiest for me to learn from. Good luck!

• Posted: 20 April 2010 03:43 AM #7

You can also find some useful text about photoshop for MAC users on the given link http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials.html 
    I think it helps u alot.

[ Edited: 20 April 2010 03:46 AM by nep01 ]