Speed Racer Avatars

Posted: 15 March 2002 06:36 AM

Is anyone interested in making some Avatar images from Speed Racer?  I LOVE that cartoon!

w00t!

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 07 March 2002 02:39 PM #1

Good God! I used to watch Speed Racer when *I* was a kid, to give you some idea of how old the original series is. I think it was on WDRB-41 out of Louisville and hosted by Presto the Clown.

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde

Posted: 13 March 2002 03:41 PM #2

I watched Speed Racer back in the 40’s, er, I mean in the 60’s and I fell in love with Japanese anim? and that car all at once. Did you know that you can buy a 1:18 scale die cast of that car? I believe ERTL makes it.
    Pray tell, what is Avatar? I’m a Mac artist but I must confess I don’t know what Avatar is.  

Signature

-I’m sorry, apparently my Karma has run over your Dogma -

• Posted: 15 March 2002 06:36 AM #3

The newest version of phpBB, which I believe Bryan’s going to install soon, allows you to have a little image underneath your name, which they call an avatar.

(BTW, Bryan, the current beta works nicely indeed )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raena on 2002-03-15 10:36 ]</font>

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.