Robert, you should write a column. Really.

• Posted: 17 March 2002 06:18 PM

Look at the page views you are getting here, versus the rest of hte forums. That shows that there is a need, a void on finance-related reporting and opinion-pieces about things Macintosh.

You need front-page exposure. Then again, looking at the views here, maybe you don’t…

Rodney O. Lain
    somewhere in Minnesota…

iBrotha @TMO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iBrotha on 2002-03-14 00:09 ]</font>

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

• Posted: 14 March 2002 08:40 AM #1

I agree! This forum has some of the best Mac finance news and opinion to be found ANYWHERE!

Why isn’t this stuff featured on the main page? I spend hours on the Web looking for good Mac finance news. This forum is like one-stop shopping

• Posted: 14 March 2002 04:50 PM #2

iBrotha, thanks for the encouragement! What I find really rewarding are the well thought out posts from TMO members and visitors. Working together, I believe we are accomplishing good things in the AFB forum

By the way, I took a moment to visit your site. work!

Robert

• Posted: 15 March 2002 12:11 AM #3

I agree.  Best Apple finance site.  And a void exists in such matters.

Dr. L

• Posted: 15 March 2002 08:31 AM #4

There are some compelling threads in this forum. If this keeps up I might just become a member. I vote for a column. But then again, I’m not a member yet.

• Posted: 15 March 2002 01:46 PM #5

Oh my, I think this is a good idea. This place has the best Apple finance reporting I’ve seen outside of a major news site. A column would make it even better.

• Posted: 16 March 2002 09:17 AM #6

In honor of my 400th post, I hereby dub iBrotha defender of the forum and all-around AFB kind of guy

• Posted: 16 March 2002 09:26 AM #7

I just want to thank the little people, the ones whose backs I stepped on to get where I am today.

Signature

“Free yo mind & yo ass will follow…”George Clinton
    peep my iBookiBrotha.comfor the ladies...

• Posted: 16 March 2002 03:56 PM #8

I think it’s appropriate to introduce TMO members and guests to the newly dubbed Defender of the AFB Forum, none other than TMO staffer, iBrotha. During the day he goes by the name Rodney O. Lain. But at night he transform into iBrotha - The Masked Mac Crusader Don’t believe me? Check out his site.

Rodney, in masked mode, has chosen to start a petition for a new TMO finance column   The Apple Finance/DawnTreader Column Petition Check it out when you have a moment.

This brings up a question: Are there additional topics that members and guests would like to see covered in this forum? If so, please post a reply in this thread.

Robert

edited to fix URLs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DawnTreader on 2002-03-16 20:01 ]</font>

• Posted: 17 March 2002 01:44 AM #9

Beer.

OK, maybe not.

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.

• Posted: 17 March 2002 12:49 PM #10

Time for another introduction

For TMO members and guests who don’t know Raena, in addition to her extraordinary wit and charm, she is one of TMO’s hardest working staff members. She does a lot of work behind the scenes, editing copy and composing staff columns and advisories.

Raena and I have worked together over the years at other Internet-based Mac publications and I’ve been lobbying her to collaborate with me on a project or two for The Mac Observer *hint, Raena, hint*

Raena’s one of the most gifted persons I’ve ever had the honor to know. Although she’s happy working behind the scenes, contributing her considerable talent and skills to the success of The Mac Observer, she’s also a prolific contributor to the forums, offering advice and support to members and guests who are faced with challenges or seeking help.

Raena co-moderates with David Nelson The Mac Observer HTML and Web Development Forum. I recommend forum members and guests stop by the forum to take a first-hand look at her work

The Mac Observer HTML and Web Development Forum

• Posted: 17 March 2002 06:18 PM #11

All I have to say is WOW!  I never visited the AFBs until now because of one word: finance.  What I find here now is some amazing insights and a great moderator.  Great work Robert!  I shall hang out here more often!

Brad

Signature

Brad Smith
    The Mac Observer