How much is a Webmaster worth $$

• Posted: 23 March 2002 01:48 AM

Fixing to deal with a national company. Would love to hear what companies are paying for a full-time webmaster.

• Posted: 18 March 2002 11:59 PM #1

What sort of size company are we looking at here? (National doesn’t tell us much about the size, yr responsibilities etc. - I used to work for an national company with an employee base of 45)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raena on 2002-03-19 04:05 ]</font>

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.

• Posted: 19 March 2002 06:14 AM #2

The company has 500+ employees, with offices in different parts of the world. The job would be to maitain a website for “emplyees only”  use. It would have a LARGE arichive of reference data that would have to be done mostly in pdf with a little html, along with a data base for other information.  I would in charge of the whole thing, with 1 part time assistant to help when needed.

• Posted: 22 March 2002 06:09 AM #3

Very interesting. I am anxious to see some responses. In the near future, I am going to have to contract some web work out.

Mitch Featherston

Signature

Hmmm… software.

• Posted: 23 March 2002 01:48 AM #4

I’m sorry, I have no idea.  I’ve only ever freelanced and it’s been small patooty compared to what you’d be up to.

However, monster.com should be able to give you an idea of similar jobs’ salaries (assuming they advertise $ values, and if not, there’ll be info there).

You probably already knew that, but I’ll preserve it for posterity in case someone with a similar question wanders in here someday.

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.