AAPL and MacWorld Tokyo

• Posted: 21 March 2002 10:56 AM #16

This morning (3/21) JP Morgan cuts its revenue and earnings estimate on AAPL for the 2nd and 3rd fiscal quarters. In addition to a slow opening on Wall Street for most stocks, JP Morgan’s action put additional downward pressure on AAPL in early trading.

The markets will be looking for guidance from management in light of the decision by Apple to increases prices in response to increases in component prices.

Analysts want to know how much the increases in component prices have impacted net earnings for the quarter that ends in just over a week and when Apple will be able to meet consumer demand for its products. In early afternoon trading on 3/21, AAPL was down just under six percent on the day and had fallen below $23.50 per share. By 2:00 p.m. ET activity had already exceeded 8 million shares.

• Posted: 21 March 2002 11:21 AM #17

I saw the same info.  I agree with Robert, maybe Apple’s margins were OK this quarter, but only they know for sure.  It all sounds like difficulties for Apple, but underneath, all may be solid.

I think the $100 price rise is fine!

Maybe I am an optimist.

• Posted: 25 March 2002 09:17 AM #18

i don’t know if anyone noticed or not, but c|net had a report that one of the pc manufacturers is going to be raising its’ prices, also, because of the increased cost of components.

never mind, the above is being discussed in one of the other threads.  which i hadn’t read yet. 

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iShadow on 2002-03-25 13:35 ]</font>

Signature

Mac OSX. I’ve upped my standards. Up yours.

“Sort of? Sort of the end of the world? You mean we won’t be certain? We’ll look around and say ‘Pardon me, did you hear something?’?”