Macinnerd's suggestions…

Posted: 17 October 2006 07:43 AM #31

[quote author=“jinkies”]
    Eventually (within the week, I believe) these fora will exist in a separate location from the TMO forums, attached specifically to iPO.  For now they’re linked here, but watch for them to be elsewhere soon enough.

The TMO accounts will still be compatible with iPO Forums, right?

Posted: 17 October 2006 09:16 AM #32

Yep, the forums for both sites—and the article comments, as well—are all tied together, thanks to some tasty work over the past couple of years from Stephen Swift and Gavin Mahan.  Login once, post everywhere. 

The iPod forums that will be split off (awaiting development of a cool new custom theme) will simply be branded at iPO, and will still be connected to the forums branded at TMO.

Now, go, ye, and post! smile

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 17 October 2006 09:19 AM #33

[quote author=“macinnerd”]Why only cover four TV shows? If TV shows are to be covered, why only these four?

We had to start somewhere, and these four series represent both a gamble and an investment. iPO is the only iPod site focusing so strongly on what you put in your iPod, and we hope to grow the site with said content.

If the TV reviews take off like we think they will, we’ll be adding more shows.  As Jinkies noted, our staff covering these programs is simply phenomenal.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 24 November 2006 08:09 AM #34

[quote author=“jinkies”][quote author=“macinnerd”]On another note, aren’t the various new movies, music and TV forums all competing with The Couch? Just a thought.

Eventually (within the week, I believe) these fora will exist in a separate location from the TMO forums, attached specifically to iPO.  For now they’re linked here, but watch for them to be elsewhere soon enough.

Mmm… Any sign of this happening? I’m not trying to put pressure here, but the current clog of forums downstairs give a slight cluttered feel to the place.

Posted: 01 January 2007 01:51 PM #35

[quote author=“macinnerd”][quote author=“jinkies”][quote author=“macinnerd”]On another note, aren’t the various new movies, music and TV forums all competing with The Couch? Just a thought.

Mmm… Any sign of this happening? I’m not trying to put pressure here, but the current clog of forums downstairs give a slight cluttered feel to the place.

Just saw the new forums in TiPO. Somehow I had been under the impression that the TiPO forums would be moved to the iPod Observer site. Anyway, looks great.

Posted: 02 January 2007 09:54 AM #36

Been going through the iPod Observer Forums. Here are two little issues I noticed:

1- The smileys are a mix of TMO smileys and smileys from another collection (nothing really wrong with that, just a little strange).
    2- When viewing a user’s profile, one cannot see the user’s avatar.

That’s all.

Posted: 02 January 2007 11:59 AM #37

Actually, no. Just one more thing: some members’ avatars don’t display in TiPO forums.

Posted: 03 January 2007 07:06 AM #38

Plus, the login system appears a little jittery. You need to log in twice to actually log in, or so it seems. And the ‘new posts’ icon doesn’t seem to be working when you first log in. Of course, once you are logged in and new posts are posted, they show.

Posted: 04 January 2007 03:46 AM #39

Also, a serious spam issue arose recently. I know that the mods are busy deleting it, but it just keeps on coming, and from a same source apparently. Could a solution such as the IP ban be applied?