iPhoto to HomePage problem

Posted: 10 April 2002 10:34 AM

(Please note that I originally posted this problem in the MacOS X section, before seeing that this section includes iPhoto-specific topis—Sorry!)

I am supremely pleased with my new G4 flatscreen iMac and MacOS X seems easy enough to get used to.

iPhoto is an excellent application, too, but I am having problems when trying to use the Share->HomePage feature—the Connecting box simply stays connecting… without ever actually making a connection. I can access my HomePage area without any problem from a web browser and can load photos and create pages without any problem, but the connection from iPhoto simply does not occur. My iTools username and password are correctly specified in the iTools tab of the Internet System Prefs panel.

Incidentally, I am using a permanent high-speed cable connection to the Internet, so I don’t think this is a problem of speed of connection.

Any ideas?

• Posted: 09 April 2002 09:43 PM #1

I had the same problem,
    what I had to do was go to the “MAIL” section of the syst. pref. iTools window and put my user name and password there too. works like a charm now…

might want to check to see if you filled that area in too!...

good luck!

Posted: 10 April 2002 10:34 AM #2

On 2002-04-10 00:43, MacDeb wrote:

I had the same problem,
    what I had to do was go to the “MAIL” section of the syst. pref. iTools window and put my user name and password there too. works like a charm now…

might want to check to see if you filled that area in too!...

good luck!

Do you mean System Preferences -> Internet and then the eMail tab? The informatio I’ve filled in there is complete, but refers to my everyday email account and not to my seldom-used mac.com account. Does iTools only work if you specify a mac.com account?