eBay and MacOS X

Posted: 12 April 2002 04:18 PM

Difficult to know where to put this topic—imaging, Web, MacOS X…

Anyway, does anyone else have problems loading images to eBay under MacOS X?

I must admit that I’ve only used OmniWeb to try this (I’ve only had MacOS X a couple of days!), so perhaps the problem is there—certainly the eBay submission pages (especially the buttons) do not display correctly under OmniWeb. As for the images, I use the Browse button in the image submission form to select a jpeg, just as I did under classic MacOS, but now the small “loading image” pop-up page from eBay just remains there (under MacOS 9 it disappeared after a few seconds). The image just doesn’t get loaded.

• Posted: 06 April 2002 04:53 PM #1

Which version of Omniweb are you using?  4.0.6 or 4.1 (beta2 or sneakypeek)

I haven’t tried ebay so I can’t speak to your problem specifically, but 4.1 does things much better than 4.0.6 in general.

Signature

All statements are to be taken with a grain of salt

Posted: 07 April 2002 12:23 AM #2

On 2002-04-06 20:53, EDGar wrote:
    Which version of Omniweb are you using?  4.0.6 or 4.1 (beta2 or sneakypeek)

I use the 4.1 Beta 2 version. I’ve noticed a few other formatting errors on Web pages, but nothing really worrying, apart from this inability to work correctly with eBay.

Posted: 12 April 2002 04:18 PM #3

This is, unfortunately, an OmniWeb problem, not a MacOS X one—eBay continues to work fine under MacOS X with Explorer. And there was me hoping to get rid of a MicroSoft product

OmniWeb has all sorts of problems on other sites, too, I’ve found, including most which require some form of secure input, such as online banking. Pity, I like it otherwise!