AAPL 2nd Fiscal Quarter Earnings Report - 4/17

• Posted: 18 April 2002 11:14 AM

Apple is scheduled to release its 2nd fiscal quarter earnings report and financial statements on 4/17. We will be providing coverage of all the annoucements from Cupertino in the Apple Finance Board Forum and the Apple Stock Watch report.

• Posted: 11 April 2002 10:04 AM #1

Earlier today, USB Warburg raised its outlook on Apple from a hold to a strong buy.

USB Warburg Raise Outlook on Apple .

This is significant because the move comes before Apple’s scheduled release of 2nd fiscal quarter earnings next week. 

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DawnTreader on 2002-04-11 13:04 ]</font>

• Posted: 17 April 2002 10:39 AM #2

The Street expects Apple to earn $.10 per share on about $1.5 billion in revenue. Please follow today’s announcements in a special Apple Stock Watch report.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DawnTreader on 2002-04-17 13:44 ]</font>

• Posted: 17 April 2002 03:50 PM #3

Apple’s results for the 2nd fiscal quarter are now available in an Apple Stock Watch special report.

• Posted: 17 April 2002 05:17 PM #4

I listened to Fred Anderson’s conference call with the analysts and one thing stuck out in my mind. When Fred was responding to a question about margins on the products he said that Apple would happily lower margins below their optimal 30% if it lead to a double digit increase in sales. I guess that all the moaning was heard in Cupertino after all.

Posted: 17 April 2002 09:11 PM #5

I too was amazed by that little comment. It’s a sacrifice of 2 percentage points off the gross margins, but that’s still a drastically different direction or Apple to take on this issue.  Is it Dell’s influence being felt?  Especially in the education market?

We’re going to have an article on this little tidbit tomorrow, BTW.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 18 April 2002 03:01 AM #6

I think that the biggest new was how PowerMac systems are not selling well. Fred called them “flat”. Aren’t the PowerMacs Apple’s highest margin product? He blaimed the poor sales on tightened budgets and lack of Photoshop and Quark for X. Is that the real reason? I am sure that graphics pros are not buying that many systems, but I have to wonder if they were not waiting for Photoshop, but some mythical “G5”.  These people have a vested interest in having the fastest hardware and are likely Apple’s strongest supporters. So what happens when the choir stops listening to the preacher?

• Posted: 18 April 2002 11:14 AM #7

A review and analysis of Apple’s 2nd fiscal quarter results has been posted.

Robert