My first (feeble) attempt at a web site using iWeb

Posted: 19 November 2006 07:18 AM

I have posted some of my original work here to give people some idea as to what I can offer as far as design and printing (not web site designing though smile). The site has a LONG way to go, I just started it last night.

I’m hoping for any feedback - positive, negative, neutral - whatever you feel like commenting on.

Sincerely,
    Bryan Wilcox

Posted: 19 November 2006 07:48 AM #1

Re: My first (feeble) attempt at a web site using iWeb

[quote author=“burreyeann”]  I have posted some of my original work here to give people some idea as to what I can offer as far as design and printing (not web site designing though smile). The site has a LONG way to go, I just started it last night.

I’m hoping for any feedback - positive, negative, neutral - whatever you feel like commenting on.

Sincerely,
    Bryan Wilcox

I wouldn’t use iWeb…. it doesn’t give the user any freedom, or lets say the user is very limited in being able to change the look of the site.

Did you try RapidWeaver yet?
    Neat little app, similar to iWeb, just better.  :wink:

Signature

Those signatures are great.

Posted: 19 November 2006 01:42 PM #2

I tend to agree with you Johannes, iWeb is very limiting. If I were to purchase RapidWeaver, would I still be able to publish my site on .mac?

I’ve read quite a few articles on the web bashing .mac as being pricey for the services you get. For $8.25 a month, it seems like a bargain to me.

Posted: 27 November 2006 09:08 AM #3

:D I"ve definitely improved my bandwidth friendliness. Picture files are a lot smaller. I’ve got a few more ideas to liven it up. This might not be such a limiting program after all.

P.S. You might have to refresh your browser to view it. I published it and when I visited it, it was the old site.  :wink: I used iWeb help, and there was the answer-“refresh your browser”.

Posted: 29 November 2006 08:48 AM #4

I downloaded Rapidweaver and gave it a try. I’ll experiment with it a little more. So far I’ve found iWeb to be easier to use.

I’ve made some other changes to my site- check it out!
    Give me some feedback - :D PLEASE!

:wink: I’m sure there are a few members who have an opinion (I read a lot of them everyday, right here @ TMO).

P.S. You might have to refresh your browser to view it.