New iPod Promo - $100 rebate with any new Mac

• Posted: 25 April 2002 05:28 AM

http://www.apple.com/promo/ipod/

Signature

Visit Brainwrap Web Design:
    http://www.brainwrap.com

• Posted: 23 April 2002 09:29 PM #1

I SWEAR that someone here had thought of this idea.

Damned if I could remember their name, though.

Signature

Why must I be surrounded by frickin’ idiots!?
    The Log Of Thoughts

Posted: 24 April 2002 06:06 AM #2

Thanks for the heads up, BlueDjinn!  We published a short mention of the deal this morning.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 24 April 2002 06:40 AM #3

That’s all the incentive I need.  I’ll be buying one.

Signature

Behold the power of cheese!

• Posted: 24 April 2002 07:13 AM #4

I was planning on getting a SuperDrive iMac & an iPod anyway;  this makes the whole thing a wash, price-wise.

But ... 5gig?  Or 10?

Decisions, decisions…:evil grin:

Signature

Unscrewing the inscrutable since 1951

• Posted: 24 April 2002 07:31 AM #5

I would have bought with out the incentive or not. I plan to upgrade to a new pro system this summer.

Signature

“We know great art by its effect on us. If we are prepared to look without preconceptions, without defenses, without haste, then art will change us.”

Sister Wendy Beckett

• Posted: 24 April 2002 10:29 AM #6

Well since I already have one (5 gig)  I dont really need another one, My wife is wanting one so it would be nice to get another, but since Im still pretty happy with my Cube, I dont need another Mac.  This is all so typical of Apple, listen to what the people want and then give it to them, But under their terms, and our cash.

• Posted: 24 April 2002 10:34 AM #7

(hitting head to wall) i already got an ipod…should have waited

Posted: 24 April 2002 10:43 AM #8

.o’d angry face:

that’d've gotten me to order from the apple store….

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!

ah well… life goes on

Signature

-Louie

• Posted: 24 April 2002 11:28 AM #9

GEEZ, I just bought an iMac (and another for a friend too).  Now this.  I would’ve also picked up an iPod if this offer had been available.  How about making the offer retroactive a couple weeks so I can buy an iPod???

• Posted: 24 April 2002 12:42 PM #10

Well, the latest iMac just went up a hundred bucks, so it’s a wash if you buy into this “deal” with the iPod.  I love my iPod, BTW, and recommend it to anyone who loves music and likes to travel with all your favorites.  A friend has the newest one (10 gigs) - and is ecstatic with its capabilities.  Lucky guy was able to use all my music and playlists - beautifully organized!  It can also store addresses of contacts and has an equalizer - what a deal!

Signature

pam

“The past is history; the future is a mystery; but the present is a gift!”

• Posted: 24 April 2002 12:48 PM #11

My oops - the 5 gig iPod has the same capabilities as the 10 gig (except, of course, not as much storage), if you download the software, which, if I have been correctly informed, is free! How ‘bout that?!

Signature

pam

“The past is history; the future is a mystery; but the present is a gift!”

• Posted: 25 April 2002 12:33 AM #12

You’re right, pamelatc, I downloaded Apple’s software from their site some time ago, and it gives me the same functions as the newer iPod models.
    Basically, it’s just a software update.

And, yes, it’s totally free. Enjoy!

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

• Posted: 25 April 2002 05:28 AM #13

On 2002-04-24 09:40, imaketracks wrote:
    That’s all the incentive I need.  I’ll be buying one.

Well I was very excited to read about this promotion, because I’m considering a new Mac (because of the iPod), and I had seen the Airport promo recently (and I wasn’t going to buy an iBook without Airport).

But then I logged onto Apple Australia’s website, and found it is not being offered in Australia!! Nor is the Airport promo either !! So basically my set-up is going to cost $AUD 400 more !! Not bloody good enough Apple !! Treat us equally over here or bugger off !!