MacUser UK reports 800Mhz TiBook due soon

• Posted: 24 April 2002 06:48 AM

If their sources are correct (and they have been in the past), we’ll see an 800Mhz TiBook by next week, just in time for the WWDC.

Hope this one is true…

http://www.macuser.co.uk

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

• Posted: 24 April 2002 06:13 AM #1

Well, that makes two places at least, unless one is sourcing from the other. (Last night I noted report on PowerPage of same item.)

• Posted: 24 April 2002 06:28 AM #2

Didn’t see your post, CrazyOne, sorry for the oversight.

Like you said, it’s at least interesting to have to separate publications mention this, especially in the light that MacUser UK were about the only ones that didn’t predict LCD iMacs at last year’s MWNY, but said we’d only see speed-bumped CRT iMacs.

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

• Posted: 24 April 2002 06:48 AM #3

There does seem to be something to the info regarding the PowerBooks being out of stock in the channel.  Apple’s wait is 14 days, apparently, and SmallDog for example has a grand total of 5 brand new PBs in stock over all configs including zero 550MHz.  Outpost also has no 550MHz in stock.  (That’s all I’m going to check for now, but you see where I’m going.  You can check more yourself if you like.)