Pro workflow ideas

Posted: 20 May 2008 11:45 AM #16

I’m a little late to the party, but I still wanted to give a heads-up about some iPhoto plug-ins you might be interested in checking out if you’re looking for ways to minimize your workflow. For the past couple of years, Ubermind has been developing Aperture plug-in for streamlining the workflows of pro photographers.  Now, we’re bringing that same technology to iPhoto.

We currently have beta versions of four iPhoto plug-ins available for testing:
    [list]GalleryExport for iPhoto: exports to and helps manage Gallery installations.
    UberUpload for iPhoto: adds the power of FTP and SFTP exports to iPhoto.
    iPhoto to Picasa Web Albums: uploads files to Google’s Picasa Web Albums, with more functionality than Google’s own iPhoto plug-in.
    iPhoto to Archive: easily bundles photos into popular archive formats including .zip and disk image.
    [/list:u]
    If you’re interested in checking them out, go to www.ubermind.com/beta/, take ‘em for a spin, and tell us what you think.

-Uriah

• Posted: 21 May 2008 01:57 AM #17

Ubermind, Aperture’s plug-in architecture is only weeks/months old, with plug-in extensibility introduced with Aperture 2.1.

Do you mean Applescripts for Aperture?

I’m confused.

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi

Posted: 21 May 2008 09:15 AM #18

[quote author=“coaten”]Ubermind, Aperture’s plug-in architecture is only weeks/months old, with plug-in extensibility introduced with Aperture 2.1.

Do you mean Applescripts for Aperture?

I’m confused.

Aperture’s API added export plug-in extensibility with the release of 1.5, and we’ve been working on them since that time. Now, with the release of the 2.1 SDK, there are a lot more options available for third-party developers to play with, especially in the realm of plug-ins for photo editing.

I hope this clarifies your confusion.

Best regards.

• Posted: 21 May 2008 01:16 PM #19

Indeed, I’ve been using Aperture export plugins for iStockphoto and SmugMug for a long time now.

Thanks for your hard work providing plugins too, Ubermind. I used GalleryExport back when I hosted my own photo site, before signing up with SmugMug.

• Posted: 21 May 2008 04:56 PM #20

[quote author=“Ubermind”]Aperture’s API added export plug-in extensibility with the release of 1.5, and we’ve been working on them since that time. Now, with the release of the 2.1 SDK, there are a lot more options available for third-party developers to play with, especially in the realm of plug-ins for photo editing.

I hope this clarifies your confusion.

It does. As a .Mac subscriber, gallery export plug-ins were off my radar because I use .Mac to preview books and other projects for clients. Never needed export plug-ins. Never looked into it. Blissfully ignorant. Until now.

Thanks.

Signature

Karate ni sente nashi

Posted: 16 January 2009 05:19 PM #21

Hey all,

I just wanted to chime in on your discussion…

We are testing Maperture Pro BETA currently which allows you to visually geotag your images, import tracklog data from a GPS device, reverse geocode location information, save location bookmarks, copy & paste location information as well as several others. If you are interested in testing it out and providing feedback, please go to:

http://www.ubermind.com/beta

Thanks!

Image Attachments

mapertureprobeta-sshot(compressed).jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image