How about an iPhone minus the phone features?

Posted: 16 February 2007 07:29 AM

Not everyone is interested in the iPhone for its calling features, and some people don’t want to switch from their cell carrier to Cingular. If Apple offered an iPod with all of the features of the iPhone, except for the mobile phone part, would you go for one?

• Posted: 16 February 2007 07:42 AM #1

All the new touch screen features are great!  I just don’t need a new phone.  I don’t need to change carriers.  The iPhone is nice, but I would rathter just have an iPod with all the new iPod features.

Andy

Posted: 16 February 2007 08:17 AM #2

That IS exactly what I want in my next iPod. Skip the phone and just give me the big screen and touch controls.

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.

• Posted: 16 February 2007 02:10 PM #3

Nope - I’ve been waiting for the iPhone precisely so I could get an Apple phone.  I’m with Cingular, and don’t know if it’ll cost me extra to upgrade or not, but regardless, I want one solution for my music, my mail and contacts, and my phone, and I’d finally like it done right, as no one seems to be able to string together at least two of these things flawlessly.

Signature

Christopher
    ——-

“It’s a small world, but I wouldn’t want to paint it.” - Stephen Wright

• Posted: 16 February 2007 04:01 PM #4

Sign me up

I’d love an iPhone without the phone: a touch screen iPod with WiFi capabilities, but fear that it’s going to take a long time to reach an affordable level for most. What the market probably is ready for is an iPod with just the screen from the iPhone. I’ll venture to say that sales of full size iPods are unusually low right now and won’t get any better until they gain the big screen.

Posted: 16 February 2007 07:48 PM #5

It wouldn’t be of much use to a lot of people without at least the email and browsing abilities.  Not at the current price point, anyway.  I don’t personally care about voice capability one way or the other.

APRIL 21, 2007
    THE POST BELOW MINE IS FROM A TROLL.  DON’T CLICK ON THE LINK - IT AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOADS A FILE TO YOUR COMPUTER.  ADMINISTRATORS, PLEASE REMOVE THIS.

Signature

“A body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion until pushed out of bounds by the Strong Safety.”    ~  Issac Newton’s First Law of Physics