Member Submitted Avatars

• Posted: 19 August 2002 03:01 AM #31

Crack open a copy of GraphicConverter (don’t have it? Run, don’t walk, and download it ) and use it to scale your image. smile

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.

Posted: 19 August 2002 08:20 AM #32

yomcat, Raena’s advice is spot on.  Also, I don’t really have time to “play around” with submitted avatars.  grin  If you need additional help with it, post in the graphics forum .

Check your private messages for the address to which to send the avatar when you have completed it.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 21 August 2002 01:00 AM #33

[quote author=“Raena”]Crack open a copy of GraphicConverter (don’t have it? Run, don’t walk, and download it ) and use it to scale your image. smile

I only walked.
    Do I get in trouble now?

I’ll have those pics posted to you real soon, Bryan. I might put them up on the web as well.
    What are the constratiants on images?

Signature

Posted: 21 August 2002 09:20 AM #34

yomcat, go and read Bryan’s first post in this thread for the complete instructions on member submitted avatars.

Signature

Still evil, after all these years.!

• Posted: 22 August 2002 12:20 AM #35

[quote author=“jinkies”]yomcat, go and read Bryan’s first post in this thread for the complete instructions on member submitted avatars.

Thanks. I’ll try to figure out how to use that program tonight. I’ll send them to you ASAP, Bryan.
    Is there a limit on the number of avatars I can send in? (it isn’t addressed in Bryan’s first post)

Signature

• Posted: 24 August 2002 06:36 AM #36

[quote author=“yomcat”][quote author=“jinkies”]yomcat, go and read Bryan’s first post in this thread for the complete instructions on member submitted avatars.

Thanks. I’ll try to figure out how to use that program tonight. I’ll send them to you ASAP, Bryan.
    Is there a limit on the number of avatars I can send in? (it isn’t addressed in Bryan’s first post)

Well, how many do you need anyway? It ‘ll take a lot of Graphic Converting to follow SomeToast in his footsteps…

• Posted: 24 August 2002 08:02 AM #37

Hi Bryan,

Here’s my new one:

I know, it looks pretty dark. It’s just that I had a new digital camera that needed some testing and I got a little bored with the old one…  8)

• Posted: 24 August 2002 11:17 AM #38

Never mind the question marks before, I decided it’s better with background.

So, may I have this one?  Should be 70x70 and under 3k.  I dunno if it meets your ugly/bad/tacky test though. wink

If you want to know why I want this logo, just click it, or the link to my site below. grin

Posted: 24 August 2002 03:12 PM #39

Jonathon. CO, those are both fine.  I’ll upload them shortly.

Signature

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 24 August 2002 03:20 PM #40

Cool 8)

Not like he would trash our graphics in public though anyway, right? :D

• Posted: 24 August 2002 11:50 PM #41

Here is my avy.

Is this image acceptable for a sig?

Or are graphic sigs not allowed?

• Posted: 25 August 2002 12:47 AM #42

Jeesh that’s a tall banner.

Signature

Evil® takes many forms. Please submit them promptly, in triplicate.

• Posted: 25 August 2002 07:08 AM #43

Graphic sigs have gone away in favor of only the custom avatars, as I understand it.

Posted: 25 August 2002 01:39 PM #44

CrazyOne is right, SAM, we don’t allow images in sig lines.  This is because they really hamper the flow when trying to read threads, and almost always get out of hand.

That’s a great custom avatar, though.  I’ll get it uploaded with the other ones ASAP.

Signature

• Posted: 25 August 2002 01:42 PM #45

Alright.  I understand.

So, can you or some one upload my custom avy?  The URL is in my previous post.

Thank you.